• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TRG-22, Spurh ST-4701, and NF ATACR 5-25x56

enichols

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2010
Southern CA
Hello Hide,
I am thinking to put a Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 on my Sako TRG-22. I am considering using the Spurh TRG direct mount with 24MOA elevation built in, model ST-4701. I am just worried whether the objective bell on the scope will clear the barrel. Do any of you fellow TRG-22 shooters use this particular Spurh mount with a scope that has a 56mm objective, and does it clear the barrel?

Thanks!

The ST4701 was pretty much made with 56mm objective scopes in mind. I have seen them on Tikka T3 and Sako TRGs with Vortex Razor G2, Kahles K642i, Nightforce ATACR, Delta Strykers, Schmidt & Bender PM2s and Hensoldt ZF 4-16 and probably more.

Here is what my set up looks like.

1609671568579.png

Buy with confidence.

Reactions: MPrimo
It will fit, I will say though that I wouldn't do it again, simply because I had to run the mount to its farthest forward position possible, and I still have to run a longer LOP than I'd like to get the right eye relief. If I did it over again I'd have left the 20 MOA rail glued on and just ran rings, they are so much more flexible for scope positioning, that or a cantilever mount to get more forward scope positioning. I feel like now that shooters are learning most are shooting too long of a LOP especially for multi-positional setups I'm seeing this problem more and more, so many rig setups I see now are basically with the scope as far forward as it can possibly be mounted.