• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trg-22 ?

jlwwade

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2011
Are Trg-22's worth the money, if so, where is the best place to find one and what should I expect to pay for it?

Thanks James

Re: Trg-22 ?

Best rifle I have ever owned by a wide margin. And, since they retain their value extremely well, one of the best bargains out there.

By the way, if you decide to pull the trigger on a TRG (no punn intended), talk to Euro Optics. Great company to deal with. They are also the only TRG distributor that has them in .260 Remington.

lots of happy trg shooters out there, including me. You wont find many of them want to use the r700/clones after spending time behind the trg.

get the trg
talk to euro optics or 3rd generation shooting supply

I can't speak for the TRG 22, but I recently purchased a TRG 42 338LM. It is an awesome rifle. And as others have said...a HUGE +1 for Alex at Euro Optics. Probably the easiest buying experience I have had.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lots of happy trg shooters out there, including me. You wont find many of them want to use the r700/clones after spending time behind the trg. </div></div>
+1,
<span style="color: #006600">Correction, I was sold on TRGs after shooting "Mr. atherange's" rifle, and have even spent the money to get it rebarreled in a different caliber, so I can shoot 7 mm bullets but keep the same platform. </span>I then sold all of my Rem 700 type rifles, because nothing is like the TRG's two stage trigger.
Enjoy,
SScott

owning a TRG 22 is a double edge swords, great rifle that will make all other factory production seem cheap and crappy.
you have been warned.

Thanks guys the pressure is on now!

Will see what Alex has to say.

James

You can't beat it for a high class, accurate as heck, here in 5 days rifle. Call EuroOptic.....that's where mine is from.

DSC01693.jpg

mine does deserve a better optic....

I absolutely love mine. It is a rifle that is comfortable in any shooting position. I also got mine from Alex at EuroOptic. Best bang for your buck platform out there with regards to durability, accuracy, and features. Period.

Josh

Yes.

eq5chh.jpg

5 rounds, 100 meters and I can't shoot worth a damn.
25u38yp.jpg

And to appease Lowlight and prove I can't shoot a lick, here is the <span style="font-weight: bold">whole target </span>
1jp35w.jpg

Here is 15 rounds at 200 meters
xli2c0.jpg

I'm just over 10K and mine still goes 1/2 moa. I had the barrel cut to 22in. and the balance with the brake is much better. If I could have one out of the box rifle it would be the TRG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRGs rock. TRGs tuned by GAP rock AND roll. </div></div>

what do you mean tuned by gap?

btw, im really liking my trg.

just got some back up parts from brownells. takes forever to get and very expensive, but wanted to have a few extras on hand for emergencies.

heard the firing pins and very hard and are prone to breaking if dry fired...so its prob a good idea to have on in the kit.

I thought about a TRG but I can't see myself dropping $175 per mag. I wanted to use one as a match gun but that's too much to pay for mags, especially if I wanted more than 1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought about a TRG but I can't see myself dropping $175 per mag. I wanted to use one as a match gun but that's too much to pay for mags, especially if I wanted more than 1. </div></div>
you can get them on gb right now for 140 a piece. ai mags are what? about 90 bucks each?

so you buy 4 more mags to have five total and you spent another 200 bucks. the trg mags are very high quality and will prob last a lifetime...so i dont see them as a great expense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hyena74</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought about a TRG but I can't see myself dropping $175 per mag. I wanted to use one as a match gun but that's too much to pay for mags, especially if I wanted more than 1. </div></div>
you can get them on gb right now for 140 a piece. ai mags are what? about 90 bucks each?

so you buy 4 more mags to have five total and you spent another 200 bucks. the trg mags are very high quality and will prob last a lifetime...so i dont see them as a great expense. </div></div>

I see mags as consumables but I think that mindset comes from ARs. I don't want to think about tossing a $150 mag down to the ground too rough. $73.49 is about the best price I see on new 10rd SA AI mags so there is a significant difference in price.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted a TRG something fierce and still kind of do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rkgsmith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just over 10K and mine still goes 1/2 moa. I had the barrel cut to 22in. and the balance with the brake is much better. If I could have one out of the box rifle it would be the TRG. </div></div>
is the rest of the gun original after that many rounds (firing pin, trigger, extractor, etc?) i was just seeing how everything held up after extensive use. trigger still crisp and feel good after that many rounds?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just get a KRG AICS conversion kit, I have them in both of my TRG's and they work like a charm </div></div>

im looking into those too. it says they are modified mags and you are only allowed to purchase up to two at the time of order. that isnt very many mags to have if you cant buy more.

i dont know what all is involved in modifying them, but for me, thats something i would have to have my smith do and you have to factor that in with the price of the AI mags.

it is also 300 dollars...so that goes a long ways toward the purchase of the sako mags.

it does look like a nice set up. it appears to have a hardened recoil lug. im not sure if it is hardened steel or aluminum.

i think the factory recoil lug is aluminum. im going to look into have mine changed out with a steel unit.

A couple of things from a TRG owner and aficionado.

TRGs shoot extremely well. You have a custom barrel put on by GAP and now they shoot extremely well in any caliber/configuration you want. Plus, you can swap barrels back and forth if need be. (KRG makes a kit for that as well.)

How many mags do you really need? I shoot comps all the time and never find myself needing more than two at a time.

I have 3 TRG-22 mags and 1 TRG-42 mag. Of those 4 mags, None of them were bought brand new. You can find great deals on them here many times.

Most any AICS type of mag will work. I won a KRG conversion kit and I put three different types of AICS mags and they all worked flawlessly.

Do not let mags be the thing to get between you and a TRG. Besides, who knows when someone might come out with factory replacements...

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hyena74</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought about a TRG but I can't see myself dropping $175 per mag. I wanted to use one as a match gun but that's too much to pay for mags, especially if I wanted more than 1. </div></div>

so you buy 4 more mags to have five total and you spent another 200 bucks. the trg mags are very high quality and will prob last a lifetime...so i dont see them as a great expense. </div></div>

I agree h74 I also understand $ is tight and for some it just grates them to bend over for a grossly over priced mag, it does me. But after the initial pain is gone I forget all about it, well almost. When you consider that you will have 4K MINIMUM in your rig what's another few hundred.
Some pain relief. I just received my 22 in 260 and despite talk mags would be different (longer) they are the same as my 22 in 308.