• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Trg-42 .338lm Torque on action?

Re: Trg-42 .338lm Torque on action?

Ok; I know there is at least one smith on here that know's this rifle and specs. I really need this info because mine is only 3 weeks old and getting average groups of 1.5moa. I have done every thing (change ammo, change optics, with break, without break, ect.) I have 180 rounds down the tube at this point. I just want to make sure every thing is torqued to spec and try before sending back to berretta.

I have a TRG42 in 300wm. I am sorry I don't know the torque spec, but if I was you I would send back to Berretta. Everything I have ever shot through mine has been under 1 moa, most of time right around 1/2.

This is quite strange since most TRG's shoot about .5 MOA right out of the box. From what I am gathering from your post, are you talking about the bolt that secures the forearm to the aluminum channel? If so, then no, it should not be touching the barrel. There should be nothing anywhere near the barrel for the way it is set up. If the bolt is touching the barrel, then that is more than likely the cause.

I've had mine apart before. I have never found anything about the required torque when I put it back together. I use 60" lbs. on mine with nothing affecting accuracy at all. Let us know.

No it's not the one that secures the forearm it's the one that is attaching the aluminum body to the action. The start of the barrel is covering about 2mm of the hole. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it. There is also a white chalk like substance that has leaked from this hole and formed all around the barrel threads (looks like some form of locktite). Help me with posting pics also!

I have mine twisted down at 65 inch/pounds. I do remember it from the factory being very hard to turn the bolts out.

R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rman1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have mine twisted down at 65 inch/pounds. I do remember it from the factory being very hard to turn the bolts out.

R. </div></div>

+1

I use 65 inch/lbs on a seekonk torque bar.