• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos TRG-42 338LM

Re: TRG-42 338LM

Thanks guys. I will shoot it the first time this saturday; with a scope that is (I just had to try it before my rings arrived, aiming down the barrel...).
Not easy to find time on the range when total darkness sets in at 3pm...

The tallest ivory tower in the world: Norway
smile.gif

Took it to the range this saturday. A couple of things happened. The first thing I was told was: "remove that abomination from your muzzle!". Fair enough, no muzzle brakes allowed on the range, might as well get aquainted with the real recoil of this gun. Out with my toolset...
Got rigged on my allocated spot, turns out my makeshift wooden cheekpiece spacer I made the night before was in the way of inserting the bolt. Out with the tools again...
I had to mount the cheekpiece at an angle to allow cycling the bolt, right in line with my teeth and gums
crazy.gif

After the first few shots attempting to zero the rifle my mouth was so numb I stopped noticing. I proceeded to put about 40 factory rounds through the rifle. I let several other guys have a go and we all had a laugh. When they noticed my swollen mouth we laughed even more.
All in all, the rifle shoots like a lazer, hole in hole as far as I could read from the electronics. I had a go at a few narrow metal strips placed 300m out and with a few clicks I was on every time. However, I discretely stopped when I noticed I was making holes in the steel
blush.gif

Get a suppressor on it, if you can't use the brake. Much more of a push, but longer duration of the recoil impulse.

I certainly will get a supressor. I already have an aluminum supressor on a .30-30 win. From what I have heard from locals around here with 338LMs I need to go for steel, or at least titanium. There are a couple of really good locally manufactured supressors I will take a look at:
A-Tec Suppressors
Hausken Suppressors