• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 42 chassis options?

xbrute

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2012
Hey guys what chassis options are there for the TRG 42? Or do i stick to the factory stock.

KRG Whiskey 3 is a popular stock but it only replaces the rear section so you still need to use the TRG magazines.

We also have a full chassis which will fit the TRG-42 and it uses AICS CIP length mags. We call it our M995/TRG-S chassis but that's basically the same action. However, the forend that comes on the TRG is really pretty nice so you can save a few hundred and just get the TRG folding back end that we offer. Ashbury has a TRG chassis as well, not sure about Cadex.

Justin

Cant use the folder in australia so im looking at a fixed stock only

I went with XLR...they were the only company that offered the chassis for my TRG 42 when I was looking last year. McRee jerked me around and I'm so glad I went with XLR...Kyle is very easy to reach and he will answer any questions you may have in regards to their XLR chassis.

Why? The trg stock is one of the finest out there. If you need a folder then KRG is the way to go. If you want to run AI mags...than KRG is the way to go. Otherwise there is no good reason to change it

Why? The trg stock is one of the finest out there. If you need a folder then KRG is the way to go. If you want to run AI mags...than KRG is the way to go. Otherwise there is no good reason to change it
i couldn't agree with you more..

I agree with those above. When we first started making TRG stuff, it was because we liked the TRG and most everything about it but the mags were expensive and the folder was insanely expensive. As we dug around we found some room for improvements which we incorporated but there's a reason we don't market a full TRG chassis, even a fixed one though we may offer the fixed back end for a TRG sometime. It's just a great setup. Even our mag kit was geared more toward continuity of type of magazine with shooters' other rifles and cost of extra mags than using the AICS as a better quality mag (the TRG mag is top notch although not flawless). People like to customize even Ferraris and that's their choice even though people sometimes do weird things to them. It's a great time to be a gun enthusiast (apart from the political attack BS).
Justin

I went with XLR...they were the only company that offered the chassis for my TRG 42 when I was looking last year. McRee jerked me around and I'm so glad I went with XLR...Kyle is very easy to reach and he will answer any questions you may have in regards to their XLR chassis.

I agree, I went with XLR for a Chassis. We ran into a snag and Kyle went way beyond and above what he had to. I cant say enough good things about him. I highly recommend him.

Dont know now that i have it in my hands i might stick to the stock stock. I was thinking about possible issues removing the bolt for range safety. Now that i have been behind it there is no need to raise the cheekpiece at all. It has the sako optilocks on a USO sn3 3.8-22x44. I was planning on getting a spuhr mount- maybe not.