• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trg 42 in 300prc

jb41291

Bobby
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2017
Colorado springs, CO
Would rebarrelling a 300 win mag trg 42 to 300 prc work? My concern is of course if the rifle's specs could accomodate the coal.

I don't see why it wouldn't. They have a TRG42 in 338LM and that's even a longer OAL.

The factory 225 eld factory ammo is 3.670 oal.
Yes sir. Batch of 300 prc measured similarly. I just dont know what the 42 in 300 win mag magazine and breech specs can accomadate for it.

If snyone would be so kind as to measure the internal dimensions of their 42's 300 win mag magazine that would help tremendously. I come up empty when i have sesrched the topic.

Last edited:
Should be the same. There have been people who have changed over from the WM to the LM size caliber and it works.
Awesome if thats the case then i'll probably end up getting one. My other options are an rpr or a build off a m2013. I know the m2013 just uses different bolt faces for their long mag actions.

Does anyone know how long a cartridge can be loaded in the 300wm magazines? It was asked with no reply. Maybe someone else will know?

Reactions: jb41291
I’ve got a spare TRG42 barrel in 300PRC, just in case I decide I really hate myself.

TRG42 mags can handle the rounds… but they are quite long.