• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing TRG-42 Trigger Problem

gspooner

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2008
Beaverton, OR 97005
I have never taken apart my TRG-42 trigger because I have never had an issue with it. However it currently no longer has the two stage working. Just one pull and never know when it will break. I am in a hurry and was curious is it more likely a screw came loose, the trigger is dirty, or do they wear out?

I need to get this right the first time as I am leaving on a trip in the AM.

thanks

Re: TRG-42 Trigger Problem

If the 42s are like the 22s with regard to the triggers, they are easy to remove.
One 5mm allen head and the trigger group drops right out.
Blow it out with air install and see where that gets you.
If that fails to correct the problem I would take it to a Gunsmith

PS the safety has to be in the on position to get to the allen head

Take the bolt out,
Flip the rifle over so that the trigger guard is up, then move the safety so you can insert an allen and loosen one screw that holds the complete trigger unit in. Pull the trigger group out of the rifle and inspect it and clean it.
It might be such a thing that the little allen screw next to the trigger blade came loose. With the trigger group back in the rifle you can adjust and check the operation, only tighten it about a quarter turn at a time and Keep track of what you do.
Goood luck,
SScott

Make sure you read the manual and remove the trigger group per its instructions or you risk ruining it.
With that, one of the adjustment screws walked out a little on my TRG-22. I sent it in for repair and received it back without any issue. I wish I could remember the guys name at Barretta USA that I spoke with because he was great and arranged for UPS to pick up at my house!
I really didn't want to mess with the trigger myself since I was extremely happy with how it came from the factory.