• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG Brake

Killbox Alpha

Silenced America
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2010
North Texas
Looking for a brake for a TRG 338LM What have you guys bought and how has it worked for you? I'm liking the Roedale but I'm open to whatever works the best.

Re: TRG Brake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Sako on my TRG-22 and it works great. </div></div>

Same here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Sako on my TRG-22 and it works great. </div></div>

Same here. </div></div>

Same as well but I have not tried another for a comparison. There's got to be someone on here that has tried a few who can share some opinions. In fact, I believe I've found some good info on a search before.

I have used the roedale, near and the SAKO brakes. I would rate roedale first, near, then SAKO. But the difference is really really small. I mean, all of them worked well, but the roedale just has a slightly better recoil management.

I have never tried the roedale or near so I can't compare but I am happy with the factory sako.

C

I have the factory brake on my TRG42 and took the rifle to the range the very first time this week. I am happy with the performance of the factory brake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fuscalino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did use the Sako brake on my TRG22 and it worked Aok. Now using a Widcat 8 baffle can and loving the whole zero recoil thing.</div></div>

Zero recoil!!

I may have to look into that. Thats hard to beat.

I've run the factory Sako brake on my TRG42 .338LM and TRG22 and it works well. For the TRG42 I run a Near brake most of the time. I bought mine used and it came with it. Both work well, the Near might be a slight bit more efficient.

Near brake on my trg42 in 338 makes it kick less than a 308. Sure is loud though.

I've got both a Surefire and a Sako brake for my TRG 22, and both work well as a recoil reducer. But, neither one is as accurate as the gun without the brake.

I have tried the Rodale and did not like it as much as the
factory sako brake,
sold the rodale.
kenner