• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG mags

Jon Lester

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2004
Tazewell . Virginia
With all the 22s,out and more coming on daily, when will one of you crafty individuals start making a mag that doesn't cost as much as an Atlas bi pod? Everyone that owns a TRG 22 wants another mag but not many are willing to pay 2x an ai.

Re: TRG mags

If you look around you can find them for much less than retail, as stated above. But with that being said if I had the option to have a Remington pattern rifle use the TRG mags I would. I think they are that good, I love the center feed and I think they feed smoother than a AW or an AICS mag. Just my .02

I just installed one of the KRG conversions this week in my TRG and can say it is AMAZING! With the Alpha mags it feeds way smoother then the original mags which is really saying something. I am VERY happy I got one and would strongly encourage all TRG owners to get one.

Yet I will say the Alpha mags hang out quite a bit more then the original Sako mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wish KRG would come out with a -42 magazine for 338. </div></div>

+1!!

Outside of price, I like the TRG mags. I've picked up three over time when a deal or coupon code comes out. They're stout and sit flush with the bottom of the rifle and the semi-circular lip up front and the studs at the rear make removal simple. Maybe I'm in the minority; I gladly paid for the factory bipod too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: geometro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not acting as a shill, but I stumbled upon this when I was looking at TRGs:

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/aics.php

</div></div>

That's pretty damn cool, but for the OP that doesn't want to spend $150 on a mag I'm not sure spending $250 for a conversion plus another $50 per AICS mag makes any sense.

Can any one put up a pic of a 5 round aics next to a TRG mag. I want to run aics but dont wasn't the crazy long 10 round aics mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can't use the 5 rounders with the conversion, they're too short </div></div>

I know this. I just want to see how short they come up side by side. I am prepared to mil my stock.

Unless any one will post a couple of alpha mags to the uk?

Thanks for the kind words you guys.

I'm probably the most active on the forums but I'm definitely not pulling it off single handed, haha. We've got a great crew who is very dedicated.

We designed a TRG 42 kit and produced part of it. But there's some issues to consider. The TRG 42 forend has a magwell long enough for the AICS CIP length mags, on top of that the TRG mags are much wider than the AICS magnum magazines. This leads to a huge gap all around 3 sides of the mag if you use a regular AICS magnum magazine. If you go to the new CIP mag, there's still a gap at the sides, which we overcame.

However, Midway put the TRG mags on sale for like 150 bucks, so it just didn't make sense for us to do the kit. The 42 kit would have extra parts compared to the 22 kit, making it more expensive, so it just didn't seem worth it.

If any of you really want a conversion kit, pm me and I'll see what we can do.
Thanks,
Justin