• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG Owners

azhank

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Is it possible to add x2 10mm cheek weld spacers?

I just received a slick new stick from euro optics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: TRG Owners

I think you can, you would have to get a longer bolt, but other than that... I made mine out of wood, and sanded it down to where I felt it was the perfect height, then I machined it to those dimensions out of black delrin. Most of the companies out there are batshit crazy for what they charge for a damn cheek riser. I know TRG accessories are expensive but damn.

The spacers come with a new bolt to fit the increase in height. If nothing else you can order two 10mm spacer kits and go to home depot and get a bolt that is long enough. I do not believe that Sako makes bolts long enough for 20mm of height increase.

Josh

So it looks like I am going to need 1.25 inches to get things lined up properly. Is the idea of x4 10mm spacers feasible?

Do I have any other options?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azhank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it looks like I am going to need 1.25 inches to get things lined up properly. Is the idea of x4 10mm spacers feasible?

Do I have any other options?

</div></div>

How small is your face? How high are your rings or base? 40mm...damn!

Josh

I think it's the combination of a high ring and base combo. I am running a NightForce 5.5-22x56mm.

1.25 high rings with picatinny (both badger). I would not like to alter the rings because there is the right amount of clearance as is.

I wish I could give you a measurement of the cheekbones, but I simply have high cheek bones.
smile.gif

It's just a shitty situation I either spend 300+ for sako shims that will have to be modified or wire over 200 or so to a random member in a foreign country. No offense...

I'm running the standard cheek with the same scope externally (NF 8-32X56) in Badger mediums on a Badger 20MOA base with no problems. Hope you find what you need. AG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asbestosglove</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm running the standard cheek with the same scope externally (NF 8-32X56) in Badger mediums on a Badger 20MOA base with no problems. Hope you find what you need. AG </div></div>

How much distance do you have between the top of the barrel and the bottom of your scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try this: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=445553%20#Post445553

-pd </div></div>

+1

Terje is good to go. He does an awesome job and the thumbwheel makes it easier for on the fly adjustments and cleaning when you need to remove the cheek piece.

I couldn't be happier with mine.

Thanks for everyone's input. I went to the range this morning before work(first time firing this rifle)and really loved it. I would love to post my targets, but I just came across the 10 and 6 rule. I will shoot for that next time. I have to say I could cover them all with a dime
smile.gif
The gentleman next to me commented on the gun and ammo combo that I was using and said that he couldn't get his hand loads and custom made rifles shooting that tight. This made me smile. I truly love this set up.

I do not post on here regularly and tend to lurk, but really appreciate the information on here. After shooting today I feel like I could make due with a 10 or 15mm spacer. Maybe its my technique, but I really like to get in there and rest my cheek bone on the weld, literally hang my zygomatic bone on the cheek piece.

Updated the profile to let you guys know that I am not a trolling scumbag.

cliffs notes:

I have lived in AZ for the better part of 2 decades. Went to school out in sunny San Diego. Played football in high school and college. I enjoy fishing, camping, shooting, racing cars, working on cars( my own only :), just recently got into smoking meats with a charcoal smoker.

*edit* Gun history

savage .243 gift when I was ~14
glock 23
ar15, locally built by ken elmore
sig p220 carry
assorted shotguns
TRG22
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

When I needed to raise my comb, I machined a piece of 1/2" acrylic and duracoated it black. This worked for me and was a cheap fix. It only cost me the price of a couple metric screws from Fastenall and my time.

TRG42CombSpacer.jpg

A M6x40mm caphead screw, it roughly measures 1.58" long. I also switched the factory recoil pad to a Simms Limbsaver, it will take a M5 for that.

Found a nice little spot this weekend:

desertpaint.jpg

Bottom arrow is 250 yds and the top arrow is ~400 yds

Next project is a steel gong and range finder.
smile.gif