• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG22 trigger creep

jdknotts1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Picked up a new TRG22 a few weeks ago and after getting it set up, I started doing some dry firing. Getting the feel of the trigger, I noticed some minor creep just before the break each time. Very minimal but everything I'd read up to that point said the TRG triggers were money.

A buddy said to add some grease to the mating surfaces and it will go away over time after shooting it. I've taken the trigger group out and can't see how I could do this. Anyone have some ideas? Thoughts?

The rifle is a real shooter and I may be a little over-critical after everything I've read about this weapon system. She's putting out .3-.75MOA groups with factory ammo. Something I shouldn't worry about then?

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question, but are you aware that it's a two stage trigger? Is the creep after the first stage but before the break of the second stage or are you referring to the travel of the first stage as the creep?

after the first stage mine doesnt really creep at all. it does have to move a small finite distance because it has to, but i have never noticed any real distance. its more of a press on it and it breaks. i would oil or grease it and see what happens. i do know they redesigned the trigger, i hope the new one is as good as the old one. i have no idea why they would mess with something that worked so good. mine a few years old btw. good luck and enjoy the accuracy. try making some adjustments too, maybe it will work its way out.

I know that they changed the trigger on TRG's in 2013. My 2011 TRG has the best trigger I've ever felt on any rifle at any price-point. I think that you can adjust the sear engagement on the post 2013's. I'd send an email to Beretta USA and someone there could help you.

check your instruction manual and re-adjust the sear engagement (if that is still possible on the newer TRG's). I wouldn't take the trigger assembly apart otherwise. It might just need some adjustment as "creep" in the second stage usually implies too much positive engagement of the sear or worse an improper sear angle the latter of which I would contact berettaUSA.

Does the instruction manual have "trigger adjustment" somewhere in it? I know the older TRG's did.

There is an article around here on the hide about the new 2013 triggers. Apparently the trigger only has one screw that makes the trigger adjustable. Can't seem to remember the post title but if you look around I'm sure you'll find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk