• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes TRG42 34mm mount

G3A3A1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2018
I recently picked up a Athlon Cronus for my TRG42, I was wondering what 34mm mount would be the best (while not being insanely expensive) for this setup. I bought the rifle used and it seems to have a 20MOA base on the rifle already. This being the case I do not think id need a mount with any MOA in it no farther than I plan on shooting.

Best bang for the $ with rings IMO are the Seekins. My favorite rings are APA’s though.

Not sure which model / generation your TRG42 is, but I have a TRG22 with a receiver that allows for me to use a Spuhr on it that negates the need for a scope base. (Only if your TRG is the generation that has the grooved receiver for direct scope mount attachment). I Used to have a badger base FYI but went this route for weight savings and I love Spuhr mounts... Unsure if your TRG has a base that can be removed if you decided to go this route. This spuhr model in picture below is ST-3701 - Mount for Sako TRG: 30mm but I’m pretty sure they have the Sako TRG Spuhr available for for 34mm. (Looked it up and its the Spuhr ST-4701: TRG 34mm Mount 7MIL/24MOA - 1.378")

40C6A865-BBD3-42C3-A286-932B0BDA3773.jpeg

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with the factory base, however I prefer the Spuhr direct TRG dovetail Mount.

The benefit is eliminating the chance for the rail to come loose. It’s unlikely to loosen but I think removing the intermediate connection between the rifle and scope base is worth it.

The downside is you lose the ability to swap scopes unless it’s with another TRG or Tikka.