• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triad Rifle Case vs Armegedon Gear Precision Rifle Case

CrabsandFootball

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2020
Narrowed it down to these two. Both made in the USA and look to be high quality. I have had TacOps and Eagle bags in the past.

Anyone who has owned one or both, what would you recommend? Which one has better padding? AG doesn't list weights so hard to compare.

I would pick the triad. I’ve never used one but a friend has it. It’s quality and seems to do the job well.

Reactions: Keyrock
I have a Armageddon gear case, it rocks. Plenty of padding and a good size
Pocket I throw my mags and bipod in

I have two of the Armageddon Gear rifle cases. I’ve had one for 5 years and it has a lot of use. I’m pretty rough on gear but can’t seem to tear this one up

Went ahead and ordered the Armegedon Bag from CS Tactical. Armegedon and Alturus both wanted like $70 shipping.....LOL

Reactions: Superjet
I’ve got a triad. Solid case. Simpler than a Tac Ops. Good padding. Zippers etc work as it should. I run it slick without backpack straps etc. Haven’t had the Armageddon Gear to compare. I’m sure you can’t go wrong.

Narrowed it down to these two. Both made in the USA and look to be high quality. I have had TacOps and Eagle bags in the past.

Anyone who has owned one or both, what would you recommend? Which one has better padding? AG doesn't list weights so hard to compare.

What is making you look for a bag other then the Tacops and Eagle? I have had both as well and now need another one. I like the Triad one but am still probably getting a Tacops.

Not paying $400 for another bag and dont need all the dragbag shit. Just a good solid case to protect and transport.

Reactions: mcm308
Not paying $400 for another bag and dont need all the dragbag shit. Just a good solid case to protect and transport.
I haven't called Mike yet but are the Tacops up to that much? They were 300 ish if I recall but its been a while. If they are then Id seriously consider the Triad. I dont want to spend that much either. I was hoping to maybe find an old HSRC for a couple hundred but uhhh no...lol

I haven't called Mike yet but are the Tacops up to that much? They were 300 ish if I recall but its been a while. If they are then Id seriously consider the Triad. I dont want to spend that much either. I was hoping to maybe find an old HSRC for a couple hundred but uhhh no...lol

TacOps had a clearance sale while back direct from them. I think it was like $225-250 or something.

Went ahead and ordered the Armegedon Bag from CS Tactical. Armegedon and Alturus both wanted like $70 shipping.....LOL

I noticed ordering direct from Armageddon Gear has high shipping fees too. I ended up ordering from stores that carry their products for free shipping over $50 or something like that.

They’re both great quality. I have the AG bag and love it. It’s simple and padded very well. The Triad is just as nice with different fetures like opening up all the way flat and more involved side pockets. It’s like a stripped down drag bag. Can’t go wrong with either. I only got the AG because of the length and the simplicity of it. My 2 cents

How does the sizing measure up? Does the 52” AG case indicate interior length or exterior length? Have a 26” barrel in an MPA chassis for a 48” overall, and want to know if the bag would accommodate.

The the folks commenting on shipping - those long rifle cases are a pain in the nuts to ship. They don't weigh much, but the size of them makes them annoying to handle and the length is what drives up price (plus the oversize box). I am surprised that some places offer free shipping, but they may be rolling/folding them up to fit in a smaller/shorter box.

As a person who deals with shipping all the time, ^^^^this is true. And you would think shipping would go down with fuel prices - nope, still a fuel surcharge on our bills.

I have 3 Armageddon Gear precision rifle bags. Very well made and come with lifetime warranty. They’ll stand behind their products.
You spend all that money on your rifle, definitely should buy a good case to protect it.

The the folks commenting on shipping - those long rifle cases are a pain in the nuts to ship. They don't weigh much, but the size of them makes them annoying to handle and the length is what drives up price (plus the oversize box). I am surprised that some places offer free shipping, but they may be rolling/folding them up to fit in a smaller/shorter box.

Makes sense to me. Take a square box, roll the case up in that if you can do it without damaging it, and ship that for probably less than a 4' long flat box.

Then why can places like CS only charge $7 For shipping.

These are the best drag and carrying bags being made currently, and reasonably priced. Customer support has been excellent. They have a Canadian distributor, but none in the US, so don't seem to have much reputation here.

I’d go with Triad. I have a bag that is similar to the AG bag and I wish it had the long pocket the triad does.

I have one of both. Depends what you're looking for.

The AG Precision Rifle case is super solid, the 52" easily fits my rifles with 26" barrels. There's a pocket for some mags/ammo and a thin pocket for data book, etc. It's basically a very well made padded soft rifle case.

The Triad bag is closer to a drag bag. I've got shoulder straps for mine but rarely use them. You can throw a lot more stuff in it, the pockets are way bigger, can fit a spotter and a bunch of other gear. Both of mine have lived in the back of my truck for a while now (AG 1 year+, Triad maybe 5 years?) and have seen hard use. The zippers on the Triad started to pop open at times but that was cause I jammed way too much crap in there. I don't over fill it now and it's fine. It's basically a very well made, pared down drag bag.

Reactions: LV Precision
I know exactly how it works. That's why I'm saying its a racket. I can ship a 40 LB 2x2x2' box across the country in 2 days for $35 with my business account. Zero reason a 3 lb bag that gets folded up should cost $70 unless you are pocketing the shipping to pad the profit.

Negotiated rates. You call your local FedEx and UPS sales guys and have them compete to do your shipping.

It's a constant battle, and if they get a $7 rate I want in (besides you have to add the box and packing cost), lol. They probably ship for $7 as a way to boost sales/ give a discount without violating MAP.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
I have the Armageddon Gear Precision Rifle Case and really like it for the reasons you state above, none of the drag bag shit just a good quality nicely padded rifle case, I have the 52" and it is $166.95 the 58" is 169.95, I don't have the Triad case but it looks really nice too has a little more storage room pockets and stuff, if I get another case it will be the Triad, it is about $50.00 more than the AG, don't think you will go wrong with either both are good quality made in USA bags.

I know exactly how it works. That's why I'm saying its a racket. I can ship a 40 LB 2x2x2' box across the country in 2 days for $35 with my business account. Zero reason a 3 lb bag that gets folded up should cost $70 unless you are pocketing the shipping to pad the profit.

That's a 2' cube, though, not a 4+ foot long box. Once your longest dimension goes beyond a certain size, shipping prices go up drastically.

As @superde said above, at lease some of them are shipping cheap as a way to cut you a break and compete for sales.

I was in the same situation trying to decide which case to purchase. I needed a 42” case for a short barrel 308 and a 52” case for a longer barreled 6.5 Creedmoor. I ordered a 42” Triad Precision Rifle Case and a 52” Armageddon Precision Rifle Case. Both are very nice cases, the Armageddon is stiffer and has more padding, the Triad is softer and has bigger pockets for more storage space and opens flat. I prefer the Armageddon just because it seems to offer a little more protection but unfortunately they don’t offer it in 42” length. I don't think you could go wrong with either bag and both are made in The USA. By the way, shipping from Armageddon was $15.10, I added a headband wrap for earmuffs to my order and shipping for the bag and wrap was a total of $15.10. Shipping cost of the Triad was $15.61.

I’ve been eyeing this one up, bag + matt

Only thing I didn’t like was the price, and also the idea of the inside of my bag getting dirt on it being a mat as well? Just have a image of a stone getting inside, bouncing around doing rock things to my rifle and optic?

I’ve been eyeing this one up, bag + matt

Only thing I didn’t like was the price, and also the idea of the inside of my bag getting dirt on it being a mat as well? Just have a image of a stone getting inside, bouncing around doing rock things to my rifle and optic?

Then don't get rocks and shit on the rifle side of the bag...maybe ya gotta turn it over...or wipe your nasty self down before getting down.

Reactions: TurboTrout
I have the Triad. My favorite aspect is it’s simplicity. There are no straps buckles or mag pouches on the inside and nice pockets on the outside as stated previously. It also is not too big on the inside but plenty big enough. The rifle doesn’t flop from side. The owner is a good dude too.

I have the Triad, as well as TacOps, Eberlestock, and Tactical Tailor. I like the Triad best.

The TacOps is a really good bag, but like most, I found I left most of the features in the closet. I removed the shoulder straps, shooting mat, and the "nose cone" to save weight. I don't like the buckle tie down straps inside the bag because they constantly catch on my scope, bolt handle, etc when trying to get the rifle in/out of the bag, but I can't bring myself to cut them out. I don't need the suppressor pocket and nothing else fits in that pocket. Most of the time I don't snap the zipper cover, so I don't need that either.

I don't like the Eberlestock bag at all. All of the outside pouches are molle-attach, so you have a bunch of webbing that is unnecessary vs. a sewn-on pouch. I don't like the interior padded divider system. It protects the rifle well, but it's not easy to slip the rifle in/out especially if it's behind a truck seat. They're also not made in the US and you can tell a difference in the materials vs. the US bags and Cordura.

TT bag is nice (the OG) and well-made also, but there's a huge flaw in my opinion in that there is no padding on the spine of the bag, which is the very place you sit the bag down if you're carrying by the handles. There's also no padding between the rifle and the zipper. This isn't a big deal if you're using it like a drag bag, but for the money it needs more protection.

Triad is meat and potatoes. It's well-made, padded on all sides, and has 2 big and useful cargo pockets on the outside. The larger pocket carries my Swaro spotting scope and tabletop tripod no problem. It also has the best tie-down system on the inside of the bag and outside pouches that I've used. Webbing loops and velcro tie downs so you can position the tie downs anywhere that you like and you don't have to worry about snagging buckles and it's quick and easy to move them where you need them. It's also the lightest of the bags and I can squeeze it into a Storm IM3300 hard case if I need to (52" bag). I wish the bag were a little stiffer when unloaded, but I also wouldn't want it to be any heavier either. It also has the option for backpack straps (sold separately) but I've never bought or used them. This is my go-to bag for range trips and for truck hunting. If I go to a class or travel long distance for a match and need more protection, I'll just stick this in a Storm hard case with no foam for weather and impact protection.

Reactions: Triad and SourMash
I have the Triad, as well as TacOps, Eberlestock, and Tactical Tailor. I like the Triad best.

The TacOps is a really good bag, but like most, I found I left most of the features in the closet. I removed the shoulder straps, shooting mat, and the "nose cone" to save weight. I don't like the buckle tie down straps inside the bag because they constantly catch on my scope, bolt handle, etc when trying to get the rifle in/out of the bag, but I can't bring myself to cut them out. I don't need the suppressor pocket and nothing else fits in that pocket. Most of the time I don't snap the zipper cover, so I don't need that either.

I don't like the Eberlestock bag at all. All of the outside pouches are molle-attach, so you have a bunch of webbing that is unnecessary vs. a sewn-on pouch. I don't like the interior padded divider system. It protects the rifle well, but it's not easy to slip the rifle in/out especially if it's behind a truck seat. They're also not made in the US and you can tell a difference in the materials vs. the US bags and Cordura.

TT bag is nice (the OG) and well-made also, but there's a huge flaw in my opinion in that there is no padding on the spine of the bag, which is the very place you sit the bag down if you're carrying by the handles. There's also no padding between the rifle and the zipper. This isn't a big deal if you're using it like a drag bag, but for the money it needs more protection.

Triad is meat and potatoes. It's well-made, padded on all sides, and has 2 big and useful cargo pockets on the outside. The larger pocket carries my Swaro spotting scope and tabletop tripod no problem. It also has the best tie-down system on the inside of the bag and outside pouches that I've used. Webbing loops and velcro tie downs so you can position the tie downs anywhere that you like and you don't have to worry about snagging buckles and it's quick and easy to move them where you need them. It's also the lightest of the bags and I can squeeze it into a Storm IM3300 hard case if I need to (52" bag). I wish the bag were a little stiffer when unloaded, but I also wouldn't want it to be any heavier either. It also has the option for backpack straps (sold separately) but I've never bought or used them. This is my go-to bag for range trips and for truck hunting. If I go to a class or travel long distance for a match and need more protection, I'll just stick this in a Storm hard case with no foam for weather and impact protection.
I just ran across your post. I could not asked for a better 4 way bag comparison. Size, weight, "excess" features were exactly the things we took into consideration when working on this project!

I just ran across your post. I could not asked for a better 4 way bag comparison. Size, weight, "excess" features were exactly the things we took into consideration when working on this project!
Have you considered adding a detachable option for backpack-style hip belt? Or maybe just sewn-in straps so a user-supplied sturdy hip belt could be attached? The other thing for us civilians would be to add a provision for a regular, non-backpack detachable shoulder strap to make it easier to get a range backpack and rifle case from the car to the shooting position.

I ask because even a school backpack loaded with food, binos, handgun, water, etc (without a hip belt) becomes painful if you hike all day with it. And no one really makes a bag like the ones discussed with a decent hip belt, except maybe Eberlestock but I’ve not seen that in person.

I have a very good bag of this type by the British manufacturer AIM Field Sports. Mine is a 55” model so I can carry a regular rifle with 9” suppressor attached (it fits, barely!). They have a 1.5” or 2” bit of webbing that is used for a hip belt. The belt is ok, but humping a heavy rifle, water, and food for miles on a day hike that way isn’t the greatest.

AIM also makes a dragbag for folders too, another idea for you.

Anyway, your bag looks great and I almost bought one but it was too short and didn’t have a hip belt, but I get it, you build something to fill a certain role.

I’m not affiliated with anyone, just some honest feedback, you guys make great stuff.