• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

triad stock pack problem with flush cups

BusterB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2011
Bristol, VA
I have one of the large triad stock packs on my manners t2 and have been shooting with it for awhile getting everything dialed in. Was getting ready to actually go out the other day when I would be carrying it and started to put my sling on it and realized the stock pack covers my left side flush cup.

Does anyone have any idea's/experience about how to modify the pack to get access to the flush cup. I have a short length of pull so pretty much the complete shoulder area is covered up and I cannot adjust the pack to be out of the way. Cutting a notch or hole could work but I'm not sure how to accomplish this without creating a mess with fraying and loose ends.
thank in advance
B

Re: triad stock pack problem with flush cups

If you have a propane torch you could try getting the tip hot and melting a hole in the right spot.

I have considered that, and have considered getting a copper pipe hot with the torch and punching through with that, not sure about how the inside will handle, if it is gel or neoprene or what

You probably ought to e-mail or PM Steve at Triad directly and ask his opinion on modification to permit access to the flush cup. I'm sure this has come up before and the best advice may well come straight from the horse's mouth.
wink.gif

Also, instead of modifying the stock pack, is it possible to attach your sling under the pad and run it like that? It certainly makes getting it on and off the rifle more difficult/time consuming, but if it isn't a long way back up under your pack, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have done this before with a different stock pack on a McM A4 and it worked fine. Just a thought...

re: placing swivel under stock pack.

I don't have a problem taking the time to lift the pack to take it on and off, however what are the chances of the button getting pressed and dropping from rifle?

re: hole or notch.

The location is just above the border in front of the rear strap, so a large notch going through the border and padding, or a hole starting just above the border straight through the padding.

I called yesterday evening and left a message with Steve regarding the problem, however it was probably after hours so I imagine it won't be till up in the week before I hear anything. I was just hoping someone on here may have some more insight.

thanks again

I have a T4 and have the same issue.

I just put the sling under the pack and cinch the whole works down.

I orient the sling so it is pointing towards the muzzle before cinching down.

I have not had any issues with the sling swivel wanting to disengage from the stock.

It's not picture perfect but it works without any problems.

I'll post a picture tomorrow if you want me to.

I had the same prob. W/ my TRG-42.
I put a large swivel under the pack,
Then use a HK stile hook. I just hook
It to the swivel. So, no taking the pack
On and off.
My sling has a HK hook on one end and a
Flush cup attachment on the other.

This is just one way I soved the prob.
Hope it helps!

M

Thanks guys, I will just put it on under pack and see how it goes...worst case scenario comes off and I have to get new rifle!

Mark where it needs to be cut and take to a local tailor. They should be able to cut it and sew some edging stuff around it. Shouldn't cost much. I trim my nylon slings with a very hot piece of steel but I'm not sure how the hot pipe idea would work on that fake suede stuff.

I solved the problem this way...

While ordering the parts and pieces for my next 300WM build, I asked McMillian to place the flush cup a little lower and little more forward on the A5 stock I just order. I'll let you know in four months if it works.

Smart idea alpine...Steve from triad called me back today and didn't recomend cutting on it. Said just scoot the pack side lower until it works. Tried that and still not enough room so I guess I am back to putting it underneath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpine 338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I solved the problem this way...

While ordering the parts and pieces for my next 300WM build, I asked McMillian to place the flush cup a little lower and little more forward on the A5 stock I just order. I'll let you know in four months if it works. </div></div>

Manners did the same thing for me so the cup is positioned between the two straps.

Cups are not to hard to install, maybe just add one where you need it.