• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triad stock pack

Snoball

Pew...pew,pew,pew 'MERICA
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2013
Cypress, TX
Finally ordered a stock pack from Triad and I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed! Shipping info was actually sent out on Sunday and arrived today. Very pleased with the speed. I was having issues establishing a good cheek weld with the medium rings. This pack instantly fixed that! Looking forward to shooting prone again!
y8yzamaz.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

the only draw back to that pack versus the large pack is the zipper direction. when its closed, its up and near your face and cheek weld. I wish triad would fix this and make it so that closed its at the butt.

I was worried that it would be in the way. I did some dry fire practice and it did not seem to be in the way at all. It's possible that recoil might show me otherwise. If it does turn out to be an issue i will just shorten the string loop and replace it with something small and out of the way. As of right now I don't have any complaints with the pack.

I have one of those on my rifle and so far have not had an issue with the zipper being in the way. I do agree it would be handier if it was reversed though.

We just cant win on this one......
Some like to keep it open while they shoot so they can get at ammo stored inside, and they like the way the zipper is.

I use mine on hunting rifles. The only things I keep in there is ammo, tags/permits, lens pen, and a tiny oil bottle and a bore snake. Generally, I never need any of it. I zip it and forget it. I still have both my eyes.

Reactions: Lucas41
the small pack i have is on my 10/22 so i keep a couple of mags in it and a copy of the form 4 stamp for my can. so, i usually take the mags out and put them in my pocket while im shooting and having a good time. its not THAT big of a deal, but i can tell a difference between that pack and the large pack on my CZ 455.

We just cant win on this one......
Some like to keep it open while they shoot so they can get at ammo stored inside, and they like the way the zipper is.

I use mine on hunting rifles. The only things I keep in there is ammo, tags/permits, lens pen, and a tiny oil bottle and a bore snake. Generally, I never need any of it. I zip it and forget it. I still have both my eyes.

This is a good idea. Never really thought about using it for a hunting rifle.

the only draw back to that pack versus the large pack is the zipper direction. when its closed, its up and near your face and cheek weld. I wish triad would fix this and make it so that closed its at the butt.

That was bugging me too...fixed it by putting the tag end of the zipper in the pouch...hasn't bothered me since.

Internal loops/multicam/RH appears to be in stock for the regular triad stock pack, so is multicam/large...was just on the site...

Hope it helps...

Just got back from the range. The pack does everything I need it to do and is comfortable. I too have retained both eyes and the zipper is not a problem. I would highly recommend this product.

That was bugging me too...fixed it by putting the tag end of the zipper in the pouch...hasn't bothered me since.

+1 - Just before it's all the way closed, tuck in the pull and then just thumb the slide a little further closed. It's still easy enough to get open.

The reason I got mine was to improve cheek weld and add some height. The added benefit was that I had somewhere to keep my allen wrenches for my adjustable butt plate and the single load adapter used in the slow-fire stages of Across the Course matches. The pull tab, in the closed position was really bugging me in the rapid fire stages.
Tucked it in, problem solved.

As much as I like Triads products, on the stock packs the one that McRee sells as two zippers so you can have the zipper in any place you like.

We may be going to a double pull zipper as well, I've been playing with the prototype for about six weeks. It's common on backpacks and rifle cases. We're just waiting on pricing info.

Just an FYI, there will be a "shortage" of Triad Stock Packs for the short term future. We have a material supply issue that will take at least four weeks to clear up. Site does reflect current inventory on hand, so order if you need to. If the option/style you need is out of stock, please fill out the back in stock request. All you do is enter your email in the box.

The internal and external loop version of the Triad Stock Pack™ have started to arrive. We have updated the online inventory to reflect what is already on hand. The cheek pad material is now available in a color other than black. We chose one color that goes will with OD, Khaki, Coyote, Ranger Green, Multicam and Kryptic Highlander(coming soon). Black will still get black. AND we added a second zipper pull to the pockets, like most backpacks and gear bags have.

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pack.html

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

I just got mine and I can say, after closely examining the design and materials, that this is the highest quality stock bag I have ever had in my hand.

I have killed four other brands. And I think this one will be here for a vary long time.

My only compliant is the shell holders will not except 338 Lapua Mags. But I know how to sew, so no problem. Great product!

BUY FROM THIS GUY!!!

Last edited:
The black cheek pad was what had me on the fence about ordering one. Now that you got that straitened out I'm in! The double pulls are a nice upgrade too. Great job man!

Adding the second zipper is a win. Getting "zipper pull eye" was the only complaint I had about the original version.

The zipper pull direction on the original packs (zip closed toward barrel) is definitely the most useful and secure.

The packs that zip closed toward the butt easily allows your shit to fall out. Try quickly reloading on the fly by having to grab ammo from inside the pouch and you will see. Also if not completely and fully zipped shut your shit falls out.

For the next updated model ---- a long "U" shaped pouch with two full sides ... straight zip across the top with a very thick heavy duty zipper is perfect for hard expedient field use.

||*********'||
||_________||

Got a couple of the new version packs, nice improvements to an already superior design...

The zipper pull direction on the original packs (zip closed toward barrel) is definitely the most useful and secure.

The packs that zip closed toward the butt easily allows your shit to fall out. Try quickly reloading on the fly by having to grab ammo from inside the pouch and you will see. Also if not completely and fully zipped shut your shit falls out.

For the next updated model ---- a long "U" shaped pouch with two full sides ... straight zip across the top with a very thick heavy duty zipper is perfect for hard expedient field use.

||*********'||
||_________||

Nice art..... dont hold your breath on any new version for a while ;-)