• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Triangle Groups

trailrider121

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2009
Santa Maria,California
How many of look for triangle groups when doing load test? Say you run a ladder or ocw test and you find a good node and has a nice triangle group. Do you guys adjust load with powder to shrink triangle and see if it holds, or do you ignore triangle groups? Or go with the group that produces the best?

I would like to hear when you guys find a good node and adjust group size. Powder first or seating adjustment? Curious...

Re: Triangle Groups

I do make triangles of my 3 shot groups when doing an OCW test. It is not the size of the triangle that is important it is to find the center of the triangle and find the 3 (or so) groups (or triangles) that have similar point of impacts. The size of the group will shrink with the next step of OCW testing. I believe that for the Ladder test you only fire one shot of each load (no triangle required).