• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tried my 1st 1000yd match

km71107

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Northwest Louisiana
Last weekend I tried my 1st 1000yd FCSA match. I've helped with 2 or 3 and played with a few different 50bmgs but never shot a match with one. I had only fired about 10 rounds at 1000yds before last weekend and very few past 400yds. I borrowed a friend's LAR Grizzly with a NF 8-32 on top of it. We shot his loads of 218rg
eek.gif
of H50BMG and 750gr Amax. I decided to shoot Hunter class (prone). I went in not expecting to do worth a damn, just have fun. My best 5 shot group was 15 1/4" and worst was just over 30". I averaged 22.6" on 6 targets and scored 226 of 300 in wind averaging about 15mph. HOLY SHIT I had a blast! I'm ready to do it again. I do need to work on my prone shooting though. I got my teeth rattled a few times when I wasn't where I needed to be behind the gun.

Re: Tried my 1st 1000yd match

Congrats - thats awesome!

I got to shoot my first .50 BMG on Friday (an AR50). Didn't much care for the trigger but DAMN. It was amazing how the rounds didn't reem bothered by the wind at all. Plus the shockwave was prety darn impressive.

Very fun gun.

Re: Tried my 1st 1000yd match

Like I said in my original post, I've fired several different 50s. I liked the AR50, McMillan, ALS & the LAR Grizzly. I ran a few rounds through a 23lb Serbu and it kicked the hell out of me. The Barrett 82A1 was fun, but not very accurate. I've shot with with some damn good FCSA 1000yd competitors and asked them a lot of questions. Most of them recommend the AR50 or ALS as a 1st 50. They're both competitive out of the box and they're pretty easy to upgrade. I have a feeling I'll have one in a year or so. My fiance' want's one too, that helps a lot
grin.gif