• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tried to Shoot the Dog and Shot the Owner

DarnYankeeUSMC

McCarthy Was Right
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2012
    In your head
    Does this guy claim that he has vision problems or just a case of buck fever?

"According to the agency, she was shot while walking her dog on private property in Big Flats Township in the early morning hours of Nov. 19. The 62-year-old hunter told the DNR he thought the dog was an antlerless deer, so he fired."

According to the agency, she was shot while walking her dog on private property in Big Flats Township in the early morning hours of Nov. 19. The 62-year-old hunter told the DNR he thought the dog was an antlerless deer, so he fired.

DNR is still investigating the incident, Weber noted. He indicated the man was disabled and Wisconsin has opportunities for that would allow people with disabilities to hunt from their vehicles.

This stuipd fuck has no business being behind a gun if he can't tell a dog from a doe espeically one being walked by a person.

If the disabled fucker has to shoot from a car then how the hell can he load up a deer after he shoots it? Fuck this shit.

The 62-year-old hunter told the DNR he thought the dog was an antlerless deer, so he fired."

So he could see that it was antler-less, but not that it was a dog with a human in tow on private property??? What was his disability mentioned in the article; eyesight?

I guess his age won’t be the only disqualifying thing keeping him from a FBI or ATF job; he missed the dog and hit the woman.

Buck fever for an antlerless deer.....:unsure: Hmm thats a new one.....🤣
    Have you ever heard of "doe fever "??
    Me neither. Probably because "buck fever" usually covers most situations where a hunter shoots anything brown that he sees in the woods.
    Considering that this guy was going to shoot a dog sized deer and he was so jacked up on adrenaline that he missed bad enough to shoot the lady. A lady walking in the woods that he didn't even see. I'd say that the saying fits.

• Haha
    Reactions: vinniedelpino
    maybe on purpose.

The people who make decisions based on emotion love to fuck with hunters

Even on my own property I keep a low profile this time of year. If I am out I am on a noisy machine.

Yes half the people out there have zero clue what they are doing.

You want real fun, if your club has a "public sight in day" for the deer hunters, work that one a time or two. I can bet you are going to be spending the season in your basement watching TV as it might be a bit iffy up stairs in a soft skinned house.

Stories I could tell but I am hurting today and tired. Damn weather.

So he could see that it was antler-less, but not that it was a dog with a human in tow on private property??? What was his disability mentioned in the article; eyesight?

I guess his age won’t be the only disqualifying thing keeping him from a FBI or ATF job; he missed the dog and hit the woman.
    The article doesn't mention his specific disability, but in WI a Class A or Class B permit is required to hunt from a vehicle.

Class A is pretty specific and covers permanent disabilities that "prevent them from walking a distance of 50 feet without use of a wheelchair, walker, two canes or prosthetics; or have lung disease; and/or cardiovascular disease. The permit allows the hunter to hunt from a stationary vehicle"

Class B is more discretionary and covers those that cannot walk more than 50 feet due to "temporary physical limitations related to injury, surgery or illness, or have permanent physical conditions not included under the Class A criteria."

Reactions: KYAggie
    Bidenitis - also known as severe dementia. For some, their pedophilia comes out at inappropriate times, for others, they see all fury animals as deer with a desire to sniff it's hair. Sometimes both.

His disability?

Moron first class.

From the title... I was expecting this older news story...

Suddenly I'm not so upset about DNR closing the State Rec areas to non-firearm deer activity for the next few weekends.

thought it was a deer my ass.

whos private property was she on.....his, hers, or a 3rd parties?....kida curious......it sounds like hers but the article is written just shittily enough its hard to tell for certain

based on what i know from fudds, he likely shot at her because she was "ruining his hunt".....and shes obviously to blame for all the times he hasnt gotten a deer for the past 10 years....totally not the fact elmer just sucks at hunting.

also, if you are hunting alone, and cant get out of the vehicle, how the hell are you able to get out of the car and drag a deer the 100ish yards back to the car?

also, you are shooting at a dog, and miss by what, 3', to hit a woman in the stomach?...fucking old coot has no business behind a gun in the first place if his story is true....god only knows how many fucking crippled deer that fuck has left in the woods to die a slow death.
    Unless the deer was being walked by another, no animals were harmed…

As a west coast kid I always found it odd that the hunting section carried the BRIGHTEST orange I’d ever seen in my life.

I was hunting coyotes, I wanted to blend in like they blend in. I couldn’t understand why anyone would intentionally wear that bright ass color in the hills. Heck a white shirt sticks out so this orange might as well have a strobe light on it.

I think I get it now. East coast people are just fucking insane stupid.

Reactions: Two36
    thought it was a deer my ass.

whos private property was she on.....his, hers, or a 3rd parties?....kida curious......it sounds like hers but the article is written just shittily enough its hard to tell for certain

based on what i know from fudds, he likely shot at her because she was "ruining his hunt".....and shes obviously to blame for all the times he hasnt gotten a deer for the past 10 years....totally not the fact elmer just sucks at hunting.

also, if you are hunting alone, and cant get out of the vehicle, how the hell are you able to get out of the car and drag a deer the 100ish yards back to the car?

also, you are shooting at a dog, and miss by what, 3', to hit a woman in the stomach?...fucking old coot has no business behind a gun in the first place if his story is true....god only knows how many fucking crippled deer that fuck has left in the woods to die a slow death.
    Paid assassin?

As a west coast kid I always found it odd that the hunting section carried the BRIGHTEST orange I’d ever seen in my life.

I was hunting coyotes, I wanted to blend in like they blend in. I couldn’t understand why anyone would intentionally wear that bright ass color in the hills. Heck a white shirt sticks out so this orange might as well have a strobe light on it.

When I was living in the NE, I was told “fences are for cows. Signs are for people.” The trouble is that most of those fuckers couldn’t (or wouldn’t) read. The best place to be during gun deer season is either 30 ft up a tree, or in a basement. Even still, I wouldn’t 100% guarantee not being “mistaken” for a deer.

Reactions: shoobe01 and 101st

East coast ?

Wasn’t it a Dakotan that drilled a game warden between the eyes? Was Jack lighting and thought it was a coyote ?

Got off too

East coast ?

Wasn’t it a Dakotan that drilled a game warden between the eyes? Was Jack lighting and thought it was a coyote ?

Got off too
    Hit his target. Not the same… 😳🤔🤫

You don't pull the trigger unless you are absolutely, positively, without a doubt, certain that what you are shooting is your target.
    People get killed every hunting season by fucking dipshits that have no business being out there.

I remember a story of a guy getting shot because he decided to take a shit and wipe his ass with white toilet paper. The knucklehead that killed him thought he had spotted a white tail and literally blew the guy's shit away.

East coast ?
    Everything on the other side of the green line is the East.

I also refuse to play the time zone game.

D3B1A9C1-C3B6-498C-8E1D-DCF323FB2423.jpeg

That guy deserves pretty much to spend the rest of his life in prison for such reckless stupidity and almost killing someone.
    Even if that woman survives, she'll have a lifetime of hurt and difficulty from the injuries.
    Hopefully she manages to take every last thing he owns, he won't need it in prison anyways.

Have you ever heard of "doe fever "??
    Me neither. Probably because "buck fever" usually covers most situations where a hunter shoots anything brown that he sees in the woods.
    Considering that this guy was going to shoot a dog sized deer and he was so jacked up on adrenaline that he missed bad enough to shoot the lady. A lady walking in the woods that he didn't even see. I'd say that the saying fits.
    I always thought “buck fever” was a hunter new or not getting excited over a buck with big antlers…. even when I was new to hunting I never got excited over shooting a doe, but hey to each his own I guess.

This^^^^ I am all about giving disabled people opportunities, but I think an able-bodied person should be required to be with a disabled person hunting.

While I agree hunter safety courses should stress know your target and beyond 100% before pulling the trigger a deer doesn't give a shit what color you are wearing, they pickup movement and smell more than anything so wearing blaze orange doesn't matter while deer hunting.

We east coast people might not be the smartest, but at least we don't have to walk around human shit on the sidewalks like you west coast people do. We also don't need warning labels on every product known to man telling us "This product may cause cancer."

Rumor has it that Vicki Weaver was holding a dog.........

I used to work with a welder whom was an 'avid outdoorsman/hunter' that was constantly talking to all coworkers about hunting exploits. Funny thing is, he never brought up the story where he had to go "hat-in-hand" and knock on a rancher's door to explain about why he shot the rancher's horse. (Black mare, white stockings.... thought it was a moose)

But I digress.....

• Haha
    Reactions: BurtG