• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Special Agent Carjacked

DarnYankeeUSMC

McCarthy Was Right
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2012
    In your head

Anyone want to bet that he got the agents gun but they left that out of the story? A street thug with body armor. Does he wear it or pawn it? A new class for the very special agents..... How to not get carjacked and lose your gear.

A federal. ?

FB4DDC1A-BEB0-4D04-9525-841093DE73C6.gif

Shame nothing worse happened

Too bad the carjacker didn’t have better business skills or a longer term vision. He could have joined or started his own gang , cartel or “political violence organization “ and soon the feds would be flooding him with cash and weapons. Guess not everyone is a visionary

Reactions: JIMB3AM and BurtG
    Same feds that join with locals to do armed robbery I mean cash civil asset forfeiture where it’s banned on the state level ?

Same feds thar steal elections ?

Same feds that run guns to the cartels ?

Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc

Fuck em

There needs to be a "Has any member here ever been carjacked?" thread.

Same feds that join with locals to do armed robbery I mean cash civil asset forfeiture where it’s banned on the state level ?

Same feds thar steal elections ?

Same feds that run guns to the cartels ?

Etc
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc

Fuck em
    You mean guns taken off the street or confiscated in DV raids don't actually go in the shredder?

Reactions: doubloon and BurtG
    " Carjackings are up more than 100% over last year."

Thats all you need to know abut DC. I'll leave it at that.

" Carjackings are up more than 100% over last year."

Thats all you need to know abut DC. I'll leave it at that.
    I was on the Mall Sat afternoon with my little brother and didn't see any, but they don't seem to mess with the area around the WH or the touristy areas

Just as a note: they have metal detectors at the entrances of Smithsonian museums these days. I thought about bringing my carry pistol. Glad I didn't. Even more glad I didn't need it

M

I was on the Mall Sat afternoon with my little brother and didn't see any, but they don't seem to mess with the area around the WH or the touristy areas

Just as a note: they have metal detectors at the entrances of Smithsonian museums these days. I thought about bringing my carry pistol. Glad I didn't. Even more glad I didn't need it

M
    Brother, you do not want to get caught in DC with a weapon unless you have a CCP. Go straight to jail, do not collect $200.

Reactions: BurtG
    Situational awareness? :unsure: HELLO - You're in D.C.!
    you can have all the situational awareness out there, but if you're stuck at the light on North Capitol trying to get to 395, you're a sitting duck

I don't have to drive there any more, thankfully

M

Brother, you do not want to get caught in DC with a weapon unless you have a CCP. Go straight to jail, do not collect $200.
    Beats the alternative. I had some of my co-workers' vans robbed with them in the van so I got a VA CCW just in case.

Managed to get myself assigned to the VA side of the Potomac shortly after those robberies.

M

Beats the alternative. I had some of my co-workers' vans robbed with them in the van so I got a VA CCW just in case.

Managed to get myself assigned to the VA side of the Potomac shortly after those robberies.

M
    Bunchabullshit. Our fathers, uncles and grandfathers fought and died so we could live in a free, safe America. Every square inch has been bought and paid for in blood.

Now certain parts are like Somalia.

I better stay where I am, I'm afraid I'd get in trouble if I ever visited DC to tour the Nations Capital..

you can have all the situational awareness out there, but if you're stuck at the light on North Capitol trying to get to 395, you're a sitting duck

M
    The last time I was in DC, and that will be the last time, I almost got jacked in Capitol Heights. Was approaching a stop light and saw 4 young black guys milling around right there. Put the windows up and stopped, they started to surround the car so I just floored it. Near hit one, ran the light, and never looked back.

• Wow
    Reactions: theLBC
    Bunchabullshit. Our fathers, uncles and grandfathers fought and died so we could live in a free, safe America. Every square inch has been bought and paid for in blood.

Now certain parts are like Somalia.

I better stay where I am, I'm afraid I'd get in trouble if I ever visited DC to tour the Nations Capital..
    If you've never been, its a trip you should take once in your life. The mall and monuments are worth the trip. And dont miss Arlington National Cemetery and the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns. The museums and other stuff are just icing on the cake. Mt. Vernon, Washingtons home is close and worth the trip. Visit, get the fuck out.

Shockingly, DC is shall-issue and there's a good number of non-residents that have 'em.

Reactions: jrassy
    If you've never been, its a trip you should take once in your life. The mall and monuments are worth the trip. And dont miss Arlington National Cemetery and the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns. The museums and other stuff are just icing on the cake. Mt. Vernon, Washingtons home is close and worth the trip. Visit, get the fuck out.
    I know. As a patriot I feel like it's an unfilled obligation. My mom, part of the Greatest Generation, wanted me to take her but too busy, to distracted me never got around to it.

A buddy I've known since childhood who is a tier one 1911 pistolsmith could have been a World Champion IPSC shooter if he didn't have the reputation for being contentious and downright combative if he thought he'd been treated unfairly during a match. Former champion and gun writer Ross Seyfried tried to have him permanently banned from competition in the 80's.

Anyway, he recently made a special trip, alone as always, to spend a week touring the nation's capital. I had a newfound respect for him when I learned that.

eta- Knowing him and the fact he doesn't go anywhere unstrapped, I'm surprised he didn't have any problems while there. Any street goblin or goblins would have made a grave mistake.

Last edited:
    Reactions: jrassy and Maggot
    Couple addenda: the Air and Space museum is great, but reserve your time in advance.

The Annex out on 28 is too. The Annex is where that Transformer movie with the SR71 was set. The SR71 kicked down the back hangar door and presto! they're at Davis Monthan in Tucson. I chuckle ever time that plays on the teevee. Museum is free. Costs to park.

The spy museum is great too, but it isn't part of the Smithsonian museum so costs $$

They added a 'Museum of the American Indian' at some point. The outside reminds me of Mesa Verde. Inside is interesting but 'woke.'

I grew up here so have never been in the Washington monument, the capitol building, or inside the WH. Just not something you do when you grow up here. Only time I go downtown is when out of town family visit.

I'm ~10mos too young to have been able to go to Georgetown to drink when I was in HS. My older friends would go.

Keep to the touristy area and you should be OK. Parts of NE that aren't gentrified and SE are the dangerous parts of the city

M

Reactions: Maggot

M
    Yes, they do. You just got lucky that it was Sat and the area was saturated with potential targets.
    Actually, right through there it's the mentally-unstable homeless that you have to watch out for. Go a couple of blocks off of the mall to the south or north, and that's the hood.

Gotta love Heller

There's ONE FFL in the city. DC still makes it very difficult to own firearms...

M
    If someone new hasn't set up shop, then there are no FFL dealers in DC. The one guy moved on years ago and transfers were done straight through the police dept. That was the situation in 2020, anyways.
    DC makes it difficult but it's not impossible and there's more registered guns than you may think. And you need to get a DC carry permit if you're near there, a VA one isn't going to save you.

If someone new hasn't set up shop, then there are no FFL dealers in DC. The one guy moved on years ago and transfers were done straight through the police dept. That was the situation in 2020, anyways.
    DC makes it difficult but it's not impossible and there's more registered guns than you may think. And you need to get a DC carry permit if you're near there, a VA one isn't going to save you.
    Like I said above: I don't go into DC unless family is in town and then only to the Mall.

M

I know. As a patriot I feel like it's an unfilled obligation. My mom, part of the Greatest Generation, wanted me to take her but too busy, to distracted me never got around to it.

A buddy I've known since childhood who is a tier one 1911 pistolsmith could have been a World Champion IPSC shooter if he didn't have the reputation for being contentious and downright combative if he thought he'd been treated unfairly during a match. Former champion and gun writer Ross Seyfried tried to have him permanently banned from competition in the 80's.

Anyway, he recently made a special trip, alone as always, to spend a week touring the nation's capital. I had a newfound respect for him when I learned that.
    A week is about right. Another addition to Mike's psot below is the National Cathedral. Sits n a hill in NW DC and you can look out over the whole nightmare. Take the tour.

I didnt go to Viet Nam, but the times I've visited the monument, especially the long black one, always humbled me.

Reactions: TexPatriot

M
    I remember taking driving lessons in the hood as a kid. My instructor stressed to always leave enough room in front of you and the next car to get by in case someone tried to jack you. It always stuck with me

I remember taking driving lessons in the hood as a kid. My instructor stressed to always leave enough room in front of you and the next car to get by in case someone tried to jack you. It always stuck with me
    LOL, who was your instructor, Snoop Dog?

Interesting. If you look at the Thread on San Antonio and DC, or started one on Chicago, NYC, LA...what would be the one over reaching theme.

-Crime
    -Poverty

Sadly, its most prevalent in the black and Hispanic populations. It's a trap they neve get out of.

Interesting. If you look at the Thread on San Antonio and DC, or started one on Chicago, NYC, LA...what would be the one over reaching theme.

-Crime
    -Poverty

Sadly, its most prevalent in the black and Hispanic populations. It's a trap they neve get out of.
    The poverty thing has been pushed almost exclusively to SE DC these days. Most of NE and most of SW down to the Navy Yard have been gentrified. SE is still SE. It has a few nice bits, but ya gotta go thru some 'interesting' parts to get to them

M

A few years ago, a State Trooper didn't think it was right to carry his pistol for anything but on duty. Also didn't think you should either. So he would lock his pistol up every night in his locker at shifts end. As he was pulling out of the parking lot at the post, he was car jacked. Dumb Ass, I can say that I have a badge. They would have been lying in the street.

Reactions: gigamortis
    'cept by beating them you loose. The Gubment's superpower is that they have (practically) unlimited manpower and the resources to never stop coming. No one has made it to The Boss stage and won since October 19, 1781, at exactly 10:30 am in Yorktown, Virginia.

Reactions: MJF
    That debate between Newsome and DeSantis last night is a case in point.

Fanatics have their own facts that don't comport with our shared reality. If you just woke from suspended animation and didn't know what you were watching you could easily have assumed that Newsome was the conservative with the way he attacked from conservative positions with made up "facts" to support his attacks.

The bottom line is that these people are true believers in communism and authoritarianism. They cannot be debated or reasoned with because their whole program is based on religious zeal.

Reactions: BurtG
    The sooner they fence off CA and make it a separate communist country the better.

Reactions: gigamortis
    A few years ago, a State Trooper didn't think it was right to carry his pistol for anything but on duty. Also didn't think you should either. So he would lock his pistol up every night in his locker at shifts end. As he was pulling out of the parking lot at the post, he was car jacked. Dumb Ass, I can say that I have a badge. They would have been lying in the street.
    It was a sawed-off ginger DPS trooper with a bad fitting, baggy uniform that pulled me over for not respecting the flashing lights and changing lanes when he had someone else stopped that told me the ammo couldn't be in my gun and within reach when I told him I had a handgun in my truck.

'cept by beating them you loose. The Gubment's superpower is that they have (practically) unlimited manpower and the resources to never stop coming. No one has made it to The Boss stage and won since October 19, 1781, at exactly 10:30 am in Yorktown, Virginia.
    You want peace prepare for war.

There’s a reason they only fuck us over a little instead of how much that want to

Reactions: oneshot86 and Fig