• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

trigger for rem 700

Re: trigger for rem 700

lots out there...I think some are chosen purely out of preference...I would say for starters you cant go wrong with Rifle-Basix, Jewell, Timney and so on and so on...

Huber Triggers are the best.
wink.gif

Money well spent, and you will never go back to another trigger as long as you shoot.

What use and pull weight are you wanting?

Look for an old style remington trigger and have Neil Jones adjust it for you.

It's tough to go wrong with a timney.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What use and pull weight are you wanting? </div></div>

Need to know this. Different use will lend it self to different triggers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FPO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's tough to go wrong with a timney. </div></div>

I agree. I have a 2.5lb timney on a Rem 700 and its darn nice for $130 bucks to your door.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huber Triggers are the best.
wink.gif

Money well spent, and you will never go back to another trigger as long as you shoot. </div></div>

I know of a person that can get his Hubers to go off if you bump it hard enough without the safety on. That's not a very safe design IMO.

I've got Remington triggers tuned by some of the best out there, timney triggers and a Jewell. The Jewell is far and above the best, bar none. The others aren't even in the same class in my opinion. All of my rifles will soon be wearing Jewell triggers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle Basix SUCK </div></div>

Mine dont
laugh.gif
Have the 8oz to 1.5# set up, and it works great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdgray</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle Basix SUCK </div></div>

Mine dont
laugh.gif
Have the 8oz to 1.5# set up, and it works great! </div></div>

I have the same LV-1 rifle basix , the trigger had creep and inconsistent pull weight since i installed it and would not adjust for shit . Their customer service is absolutely useless!.

Timney or Jewell

I went for a Timney 510, it required some material to be removed from my AICS stock so the saftey would work but other than that it was easy to install and works well. My reason for choosing this trigger over others was the price as the shop had a monthly special on them.

I actually just put a timney on my 700 yesterday. I was pretty impressed with the performance and it was a snap to install. For 120 bucks you cant go wrong, it easily adjusts down to 1.5 lbs.

Rifle Basics is cast metal. Timney or Jewell are nice. I like the wide trigger shoe on the Timney.

I had a rifle basix, didn't like it very much. Had creep, cast metal, plating was coming off the sear, etc.

Went with the Timney 510 and has been working great.