• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger options for custom 50 BMG

AIorBust

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2012
I'm building a custom 50BMG on a McMillian 50BMG repeater action, Tac50 A1R2 stock with a lilja barrel.

I'm trying to find a good adjustable two-stage trigger in the range of 2 - 2 1/2 Lbs.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you're looking for a 2-stage trigger, check with Tom Meyers about a CG X-Treme.

If I am not mistaken, Tom's "tactical" version has been the subject of recent military contracts from groups that are not restricted to buying from the lowest bidder. Having installed a few of them, I could not imagine a more robust Rem 700 compatible trigger, particularly a two stage.

Has anyone used the CG Jackson Two-Stage Match Trigger? I can't find much on it at all.

I found out the model 22 tactical trigger is the new and improved CG Jackson. Does anyone know how involved the installation is for a McMillian Tac-50 repeater action?

I been trying to get in touch with Tom for the past few weeks. He is probably out hunting. Does anyone know how involved the installation is for a McMillian Tac-50 repeater action?

The installation is as straight forward and installing any other Remington style trigger. I have used stock Remington triggers, Timney triggers, and on custom benchrest only, Jewell. The most challenging thing is whether or not you want to use a safety. the Navy Mk15 has never used a safety. Keeping the bolt open was the method of "safe." I am sure McMillan can give you advice on compatible triggers that do have long enough safety levers that and be used the McMillan Stock.

Installation is easy, proper adjustment takes some practice. Do a search for an article written by German Salazar. That should provide a good start.

Thanks for all the help. I already read the article by German Salazar. He writes a lot of good stuff. He is one of the reasons why I've decided to get this trigger. I can't wait to shoot it:)

Thanks again