• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Trigger pull gauge

UIUCPPQ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2012
Can someone recommend me one of these? I'm not looking for anything top of the line, but I need a fairly accurate one and I'm not sure where to look or what sort of price I'm looking at.

Re: Trigger pull gauge

I have several but would buy the Wheeler if I had it to do all over again. It's a simple mechanical scale, and is only around $20.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UIUCPPQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone recommend me one of these? I'm not looking for anything top of the line, but I need a fairly accurate one and I'm not sure where to look or what sort of price I'm looking at.

</div></div>

I was in the same boat a few months ago as, I wanted to measure & adjust accordingly some of my triggers. I purchased the Timney 8oz to 10lb gage and it works perfect.

Here

my $0.02

AvsFan
grin.gif

p.s. This one has a lot of positive reviews - I tend to base my purchase decision on reviews if I'm not familiar w/the product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lyman works excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/Lyman-Electronic-Digital-Trigger-Gauge/dp/B00162QGLS </div></div>

I just got this one, works well, tested 2.75 on my just modified R700 40x trigger, which is just what the Smith said it would be, so I think its pretty spot on.

+1 on the Lyman. Have had mine for four years and it's still on the first 9 volt. I just take the batt out after each use. One feature I like is that it will run an average of your trigger pulls.

I think I'm going to go with the Timney due to price and reviews. Thanks for the input everyone