• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger recomendation

jdel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2007
CA
I've got an older pre accu trigger Savage that has a super heavy pull. What have any of you used or recomend?

Re: Trigger recomendation

i like 1/2 to 1 lb trigger weight

light enough to not make the gun move on pulling it, yet hard enough to be abled to put the finger on the trigger without breaking immediately, like a BR gun.

so i recommend the sav 2 trigger from rifle basix, 4oz to 3lb adjustable

I did the research before i bought my trigger and overall the timney trigger was very well built. The version i bought is the #511 for remington 700 left hand, and i had timney adjust it to 2.0 pounds. Its going on my custom build so cant wait to see how it will perform.

Try adjusting the Savage trigger. You can get it nice and crisp at 2 to 2.5 pounds.

Likely better than that and I prefer the elder vintage to the new Accu-shit.

I really like the Jewell trigger. I put one in my 700 and also my GAP build. Both at 2.5lbs. Works great.

They are tender,though wonderous until failure.

wait to that jewell gets dirty,you'll sing a different tune.

Been using a Timney for about a year and a half now and I really like it. Breaks crisp and adjusts easily.

I have a sharpshooters supply trigger in my 12 that works very well. Price is competative as well. maybe give that a shot?