• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Trigger Recommendation for Deviant Tactical

Semperfi87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Looking for a trigger for my Defiance Deviant Tactical build the rifle will be used for hunting/target shooting I've had my eye on the Timney Calvin Elite! On the website it shows 1 pull weight is this adjustable and what weight is preferred for an all around trigger weight

I just ordered a Triggertech trigger for my Surgeon. If you aren't in a hurry, I should have some feedback next week. I will probably be setting it around the 2.5 pound mark.

The feedback my gunsmith gave me on the TT was that it had no creep, a very nice adjustment system, and was more consistent than the Timney's he has had.

I have a single stage Timney Calvin Elite and the two stage Timney Calvin Elite both are great triggers the single stage Timney Calvin Elite can adjust from 8oz.-2.5lbs. Its probably the best trigger I have used in a bolt gun I wish they made them for the Tikka T3s or I would have them in my Tikkas also.

I went with a jewel trigger for mine. I had 1 on a previous build so when I built this latest I got another.

Have CG X-treme Mod 22 2 stage triggers on my Deviants...

I have a regular Timney 510 in mine. I like the feel of the wide shoe, but I went to 2 stage triggers in my gas guns and will probably do the same in my Deviant.

I tried out a Triggertech for my recent build, could not be happier. Went with the flat blade. Very consistent, no noticeable creep. Easy install just like others, break is adjustable, but I don't think its as adjustable as they claim on the light end (basically, it seems to "bottom out" weight wise, no matter how much you try to lighten). This is just based on my feel and observations, no scientific proof. Nevertheless, I'll be putting these into my bolts from here on out.

Jewell in the 1lb range. Doesn't get any better for my money. The break surprises me every time, and it is oh so crisp.

I'm thinking about a triggertech for dad's SAUM i just sent off.

I use a Timney CE 2-stage in both my rifles. Quality of pull on both are drastically different from one another despite the same model. The trigger shoe is different but other than that they're the same trigger. The regular curved shoe on my 700 feels like a quality pistol trigger in that it has a ton of take up, little to no wall, and then pretty much has a rolling break. The flat shoe CE in my Tempest is substantially better but i still have my gripes. There is still take up once past the 1st stage to get to the second stage wall and then there is a tiny bit of creep before it breaks. Substantially better than the first but still lacking in all honesty.

Last edited: