• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger Tech Diamond 2 stage or 1 Stage

Dracca85

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2019
Currently building a .300 PRC and was curious to know what your thoughts are on triggers. Do you prefer a single or two stage trigger and why

Buy them both, sell the one you don't like. No one can really tell you what you will like. I personally prefer 2 stage triggers because I like to stage my finger and having that first stage is nice. When it's cold/wearing gloves, I don't like running a 1lb single stage trigger, where by the time I can feel my finger tip on the trigger it already went off.

I realized I don't need a light trigger after I improved my recoil management and fundamentals. Don't want a light trigger. Mine are at least 1.5 pounds or more.

Two stage are nice, but running a "heavy" trigger I don't feel any disadvantage with a single stage. If you run a light trigger, two stage is one more protection from a ND.

Depends on use and preferences.

Agree, get both and sell one.

I prefer single stage. When I actually go to pull the trigger, I want the rifle to go off.

I've tried using 2-stage triggers, and I just can't get used to them. I just don't like the feeling of pulling the trigger, then having to pull it more after I realize why it didn't go off when I thought it would.

I grew up on 2 stage Lee Enfields. Way more time with a 2 stage. So everything I have, if there’s an aftermarket option, has 2 stage triggers. Just my personal preference. You’ll be better off spending time behind both and deciding for yourself.

Its personal preference. Like mentioned, get both and see witch fits your style