• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger

jamesmspencerjr

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2014
Should I change my trigger in my SR 25? If you think it's a good idea please tell me which trigger to use?

Yes I Google but I thought that maybe talking to shooting brothers that I could get some through information.

Maybe if you tell everyone what type of shooting you're looking to do, what type of experience you have, what your budget is and what it is you're looking for, then you can get some legitimate help. Asking repetitive "what is the best" questions about various pieces of equipment, yet leaving out everything about your applications, gets you absolutely nowhere close to where you may want to be.

How about "I think the trigger in my SR25 is too heavy and I don't like the 2-stage feel. I've read a lot of great things about _______ triggers, but I'm unsure what model will best suit my purposes of long range target shooting. What would get me closer to the Timney I have in my Remington 700?" Something like that. Substance and application is everything when asking for advice.

It's like asking on the internet for directions to your house, yet you tell nobody where you live.

You've started multiple threads with vague, subjective questions like this. People have generally been patient with you but you're gonna just get flamed if you keep it up.

The best advice I can give you is to go shoot your SR25 and your OBR and quit asking stupid questions.

Last edited:
I would repave the trigger and give a hard look at the Geissele SSA-E. You won't go wrong withe the other Geissele's if the SSA-E doesn't do it for you.

For distance / precision shooting I use the Geissele SSA-E; very light trigger and very crisp break. For by combat / shorter distance shooting I use the SSA; not as light as the SSA-E and still has a good break. If you go to the Geissele site they have some good videos of their different triggers and explain the uses for each.