• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger

regnar375

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2018
raymond NH
I have a jewel in my rifle currently. I get they are delicate so what should I be looking at to replace it with?

I was thinking of switching to a two stage. Trigger techs are all 1 stage?

I went from a single stage TT trigger to a 2-stage BnA tacsport. Probably the single best gear purchase I've ever made in this sport.

The BnA is a great trigger. I love that it's user adjustable, as well as the sear engagement being adjustable (+ different sear heights for different actions), which really allows you to get it dialed in for your specific action. A properly timed/mated trigger to an action can drastically improve the "feel" of an action.

I also think that a 2 stage trigger gives you much better trigger control over a single stage trigger. I'm sure the 2 stage TT trigger will be a decent trigger, but I doubt it will have the adjustability of the BnA (including sear height/engagement adjustment). If the 2-stage TT doesn't match the adjustability of the BnA, I would skip it.

The BnA trigger is an excellent trigger. I think you will be happy with it.

Reactions: regnar375
I went from a single stage TT trigger to a 2-stage BnA tacsport. Probably the single best gear purchase I've ever made in this sport.

The BnA is a great trigger. I love that it's user adjustable, as well as the sear engagement being adjustable (+ different sear heights for different actions), which really allows you to get it dialed in for your specific action. A properly timed/mated trigger to an action can drastically improve the "feel" of an action.

I also think that a 2 stage trigger gives you much better trigger control over a single stage trigger. I'm sure the 2 stage TT trigger will be a decent trigger, but I doubt it will have the adjustability of the BnA (including sear height/engagement adjustment). If the 2-stage TT doesn't match the adjustability of the BnA, I would skip it.

The BnA trigger is an excellent trigger. I think you will be happy with it.

I think this is where I'm headed.

Bix n' Andy TacSport Pro two stage, best trigger I have ever felt, smooth and crisp. You won't be disappointed.

^^^^This. Call Bullet Central and talk with them. Guessing you will find they will be happy to take it back if you are not happy with it. BC also does all the service, excellent company. Be sure to take a look at the trigger shoe options. The Gator is fantastic IMO.

Two stage triggers are my jam, I’ve got two Tubb t7ts, B&A Marksman, Cadex, and a Tacsport. All great triggers and I’ve got gripes with all of them in one fashion or another. T7t takes some work to get it to fit in most bottom metals, life goes on. Marksman is awesome fits in everything and I’ve found myself cleaning it more often than others, once again life goes on. Cadex is becoming a fast favorite around my friends as it’s nice and crisp my gripe is that the adjustment for sear engagment isn’t abailable, but it doesn’t need to be adjusted in my defiance action so life goes on. Not as much experience with the tacsport as others but it also needs close eye on cleaning. Huber makes a good trigger but I’m probably not going to get one since they can’t be adjusted. I’m looking forward to getting my mits on the TT Diamond two stage also.

I have had all Timney Calvin Elite flat shoe single stage triggers on my rifles and coming from AR triggers they seemed like leaps and bounds better than that. They are fine triggers and never experienced an issue with them nor did I see any reason to change.

Well flash forward 2 years and all the TriggerTech Diamond hype and a great deal on PX it was inevitable... I installed it this morning and WOW there really was no creep compared to the CE trigger. The CE is a fine trigger but the TT Diamond is on another level, really impressed with it and will put it through its paces this weekend at the Idaho NRL match.

I have had all Timney Calvin Elite flat shoe single stage triggers on my rifles and coming from AR triggers they seemed like leaps and bounds better than that. They are fine triggers and never experienced an issue with them nor did I see any reason to change.

Well flash forward 2 years and all the TriggerTech Diamond hype and a great deal on PX it was inevitable... I installed it this morning and WOW there really was no creep compared to the CE trigger. The CE is a fine trigger but the TT Diamond is on another level, really impressed with it and will put it through its paces this weekend at the Idaho NRL match.

If you don’t want to spend money never look through good glass or touch off a great trigger.
Ignorance is bliss.

I have one.
Haven’t installed it yet but am anxious to try it.

I love mine. I know they scare a lot of people off because they aren't adjustable but it's a non-issue for me as it's a prone shooting long range setup only. My buddy has a TT Diamond and had I known what it felt like before I bought the Huber I would have gone with it but I don't feel like it's worth it for me to sell the Huber and lose money on it just for a minimal upgrade.

Reactions: Steel head
I love mine. I know they scare a lot of people off because they aren't adjustable but it's a non-issue for me as it's a prone shooting long range setup only. My buddy has a TT Diamond and had I known what it felt like before I bought the Huber I would have gone with it but I don't feel like it's worth it for me to sell the Huber and lose money on it just for a minimal upgrade.
The lack of adjustment is a non issue to me.
At the moment TriggerTech doesn’t do a two stage but are working on one and that’s why I went with the Huber.

If you don’t want to spend money never look through good glass or touch off a great trigger.
Ignorance is bliss.

Haha well I never get to the point of getting to look through them first, but now I have NF 7-35s and TT diamonds to install on my rifles.

Reactions: Steel head
Has anyone tried a Triggertech Special next to a Diamond? I am really liking the diamond in my comp rifles but thinking about picking up a couple specials for my hunting rifles as i will not run the trigger as light as the Diamond. 1 pound is plenty for me. Do the Special have the no creep feature as well?

Has anyone tried a Triggertech Special next to a Diamond? I am really liking the diamond in my comp rifles but thinking about picking up a couple specials for my hunting rifles as i will not run the trigger as light as the Diamond. 1 pound is plenty for me. Do the Special have the no creep feature as well?
I believe all their triggers are zero creep. From my understanding in a blind test one could not tell the difference from a Diamond and Special other than the lower weight. So they say..

I currently use a CG X-Treme 2 stage which is superb but I just got a TT Diamond in to mess around with. I’ll see how it is later tonight and will give my short feedback. See what the hype is about.

I shot a Huber Concepts in my first custom rifle and it was an excellent trigger, I have a Jewell on my .308 that is conistently breaking at 11oz, and a TT Diamond coming on my new build (only because their 2 stage has not been released yet. I tried a Diamond in the .308 (factory rem 700 AAC SD) but it would slam fire when running the bolt quickly, regardless of how high I set the trigger pull. Glad I function checked it empty prior to loading up at the range. Swapped it out for a Jewell and have been very pleased.

I currently use a CG X-Treme 2 stage which is superb but I just got a TT Diamond in to mess around with. I’ll see how it is later tonight and will give my short feedback. See what the hype is about.
I’m curious to your thoughts.
My buddy has a CG and it a very nice trigger.
We’ll be comparing to my Huber tomorrow.

Wish triggertech would make one with a shoe adjustable forward and aft.

Contrary to popular belief Jewells were ran for many many years in PRS before Trigger tech was a thing. If they are kept clean after matches and such they will function just fine. I ran one for 4 years without cleaning just to see what how long it would take to go down. That said, if you have a Jewell - 1) don't pierce a primer, you'll need new one 2) Don't run anywhere near max pressure, they don't like it 3) lighter fluid or compressed dry lube is your friend.

If you have to have another trigger a Triggertech is an awesome trigger. Its a very different feel from a Jewell but a nice trigger nevertheless.

Reactions: superde
I’m curious to your thoughts.
My buddy has a CG and it a very nice trigger.
We’ll be comparing to my Huber tomorrow.

Got home from work and installed the trigger in short order. Immediate impressions.. WOW. Zero slack/play/creep on the trigger. Apply pressure it's a clean break. Pretty much no over travel. The trigger broke about 8.6 oz out of the box. I have it set right under a pound now.
The CG X-Treme is no slouch either. There is no creep and the break is very crisp. Over travel is minimal. I'm a 2 stage fan but on the CG I had to increase the trigger weight to around 2.5 pounds because sometimes I would pull through the first stage unintentionally when the trigger was set much lighter.

I think I'm going to like single stage triggers. I can rest my finger on the (flat) shoe and stage it before pressing back.

I shot a Huber Concepts in my first custom rifle and it was an excellent trigger, I have a Jewell on my .308 that is conistently breaking at 11oz, and a TT Diamond coming on my new build (only because their 2 stage has not been released yet. I tried a Diamond in the .308 (factory rem 700 AAC SD) but it would slam fire when running the bolt quickly, regardless of how high I set the trigger pull. Glad I function checked it empty prior to loading up at the range. Swapped it out for a Jewell and have been very pleased.
No issues here. Just installed a TT Diamond as mentioned above on my last reply. I have it set to a smidge under 16 oz. I've been running the bolt super hard/fast and no issues. I even bounced the butt of the chassis on my tile floor a few times. No slam fire.

No issues here. Just installed a TT Diamond as mentioned above. I have it set to a smidge under 16 oz. I've been running the bolt super hard/fast and no issues. I even bounced the butt of the chassis on my tile floor a few times. No slam fire.
There is quite a bit of variance in tolerances between factory 700 actions, I assumed it was likely an action issue specific to my rifle and not a trigger issue, but did not want a component on my rifle that may cause it to fire out of battery so I switched it out.

Reactions: 021411