• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

triggers for remington 700

SuburbanHick

SOF338
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2011
somewhere wearing camo (tx?)
doing a 308 build....rock creek barrel, bluprinted action sitting in a XLR... and i cant help but think, why do i still have a x mark on there?
Ive always thought timney was king of the mountain...

basically i just want a good trigger that will take a beating and still break crisp at 2 lbs... any reccomendations?

Re: triggers for remington 700

I have owned them all and I run the CG X-Treme Mod 22 Tactical trigger with safety and bolt release and solid trigger shoe. If you like a 2 stage trigger there isnt anything better out there. As for a single stage trigger I really like the timney triggers

Very happy with my (flat) Timneys. FYI, they're on sale at MidwayUSA until the end of month. (OOS right now, backorder OK, expected availability around early Feb.)

I run a flat shoe Timney.. I love my Timneys.. I have one on my M98 as well.

Timney or Jewell for me..

I've been trying to go to 2 stage triggers on most of my stuff and just picked up a couple of the X-treme mod. 22s myself and they are very nice, pricy but nice.

If its a choice for ya a good first Xmark trigger ( the one without the set screw )has been good to me.Matter a fact I just put two on two differnt rifels,and I am very happy with the two.Both are at 2ish pounds and they break clean.

Timney. I have both the flat and normal style and I would recommend the flat trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjones88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Timney. I have both the flat and normal style and I would recommend the flat trigger. </div></div>

of i may ask why do you like the flat... it seems... well odd

Just personal preference, plus if you ever shoot with gloves on it easer and snags less.

Have my first Timney on its way.
Ordered it direct, narrow shoe with safety set at 2.5#.

I plan on ordering a timney for my aac-sd. Right after I can figure out which stock route to go with.

Ive got 3 Jewells on my 700s and a CG X-treme on my 6 creedmoor with X-treme S/S action.
IMG_0714.jpg

I have the Shilen basic trigger ( I think its called.. ) I got it from brownells. I like it, breaks like glass.