• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing triggers to fit 600

moto357

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
adirondacks
doing a build with my rem 600 action, and i need the trigger to be further back to fit the stock im making, as well as trigger guard. seems i remember people saying they've used aftermarket 700. i've emailed a few companies and rifle basix said theirs wouldn't fit my action. timney said "maybe, give it a try" and a guy i emailed about a jewell said it may be possible to make the model 7, xp100, etc fit, but he was unsure.

im curious what brands / models would fit my 600 to clearify the air a bit.

another thought i had was maybe ordering just the trigger shoe from Numrich for $20 and swapping just the trigger?

thanks for any imput guys

Re: triggers to fit 600

Lucky you! One of the biggest problems, when installing a 700 style trigger into a 600 or XP-100, is that the trigger shoe ends up back in the rear of the trigger bow. If I read your post correctly, you intend to move the trigger bow as well. You lucked out. The stock 600/XP-100 bolt release will not work with the 700 style trigger. You will need an external bolt release.

im assuming you perhaps have seen or done this? im curious what it is about certain triggers that would prevent them from working where others would. if the only real issue is the trigger bow, which is a non-issue with me as im going to place my own trigger guard in where it needs to be. just want to know what options i have to choose from since it seems unclear to me what models would fit and which ones would not.

would an aftermarket 600 bolt release such as haritage arms 700-style bolt release work, or would i need something directly for the 700??

there are a number of aftermarket triggers specifically made for the 600, but with what im building i need the trigger further back, identical to a 700 trigger. i've heard of people using 700 triggers, but with it all unclear im trying to find out what specific models for the 700 will fit my 600? thanks