• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggers? Which ones work?

Casey Simpson

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2008
Louisiana
Some of us like reliable unbiased information and allot of us want to improve our AR triggers. I've found this source of imperical data reliable - just passing along information that might help someone be a better shooter.

Zediker Publishing

Re: Triggers? Which ones work?

I have a single stage Timney and Geissele 2 stage. Both are excellent. Thanks for the article.

Geissele SSA hands down.

Great article,still tossing up between the Geiselle or the AR Gold,leaning more in favor of a proven unit like Geissele.KNS pins are the way to go.use 'em on all of my AR's

LMT 2-stage, solid reliable trigger at a good price.
KAC 2-stage, excellent adjustable trigger.

I'm not surprised Zediker said the Geissele is the best. He mentioned it not once but twice.

Geissele is the best - well in my little world it is. I have three thus far - 2 x DMR's and a SSA on AR's. Easy to put in and a quality product. I have also heard they have great customer service but thus far I have not had to use it.

I have spoken with Zediker, just ordered his latest book. The X-treme was too new to have been included in his last effort, but it is likely the only other 2 stage that can vie with a Geissele for feel and lock time. I have one with SSS CS springs and it feels identical to my High Master friend's Geissele.

That article was done in 2007 wasn't it. There have been some pretty good triggers that have come down the pike in the last three years. Since that article deals mostly with two stage triggers and I am assuming that it was directed to NM shooters where a two stage is really need to make weight while still giving a nice let off. I would like to see a side by side comparison of two stage versus one stage triggers. I've really been leaning to the AR Gold trigger for some three gun and accuracy work/varmint rigs.

I started with the Jewell and now have the X-treme and both have been set to provide pull weights around 1&1/2 lb total. The feeling of a hitch or stop before final letoff is what normally sets the single versus 2 stage apart from a single stage, and the apparent feeling of no hitch is what sets the Geissele and X-treme apart from all other 2 stage triggers. After that, the reset distance is certainly shorter on a single stage like the AR Gold and, as you say, would probably be better for action shooting. None of the single stage triggers indicate a lock time which is bothersome to me. If it compares with either of the 2 above (about 4ms), then it should work irrespective of the discipline the rifle is employed for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Toolmakr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started with the Jewell and now have the X-treme and both have been set to provide pull weights around 1&1/2 lb total. The feeling of a hitch or stop before final letoff is what normally sets the single versus 2 stage apart from a single stage, and the apparent feeling of no hitch is what sets the Geissele and X-treme apart from all other 2 stage triggers. After that, the reset distance is certainly shorter on a single stage like the AR Gold and, as you say, would probably be better for action shooting. None of the single stage triggers indicate a lock time which is bothersome to me. If it compares with either of the 2 above (about 4ms), then it should work irrespective of the discipline the rifle is employed for. </div></div>

The AR Gold is a TWO stage trigger,not single stage.Apparently the first stage has a lighter pull wt than the second stage.Complete reverse of most other 2 stage triggers.Anybody know the reason for this? The other big plus I see touted on this trigger is the ease of installation,as are all the modular type triggers,I can see this as being a deciding factor for newbies who are intimidated by installing and adjusting a differant type of trigger.The first custom I ever installed was a Jewell and I was cussing up a blue streak by the time it was done.Still really like the Jewell,but ready to give a Geiselle Match trigger a shot.

Geissele SSA is on sale at midwayusa for $170 and they throw in a Geissele hat...just a heads up if anyone is in the market for a trigger. Saw it in the flyer this morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele SSA is on sale at midwayusa for $170 and they throw in a Geissele hat...just a heads up if anyone is in the market for a trigger. Saw it in the flyer this morning. </div></div>

If I could only get the Match Trigger at that price,I'd send them a Hat!!!

I actually received a JP trigger that didn't install the way that they instructed, and still function properly. Any trigger that you can drop in, and get very good results and the feel you are trying to achieve, and requires no "fitting", is a great thing.