• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggertech AR10 Diamond... Pure SEX!

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    Just received this beauty, the fit and finish and attention to detail is absolutely outstanding!!!

Installation was easy and straightforward, the pull weight adjustment has a very clean tactile feel and audible.

IMG_20200604_105845569.jpg

IMG_20200604_110841797.jpg
    IMG_20200604_110922189.jpg
    IMG_20200604_111000109.jpg
    IMG_20200604_110942174.jpg
    IMG_20200604_111031448_HDR.jpg

The trigger easily reaches it's advertised pull weights.

IMG_20200604_113909741.jpg

IMG_20200604_115051118.jpg

You feel no resistance other than spring tension on the first stage take up, it's ridiculous how clean the second stage trigger break is with absolutely no perceived overtravel.

The only minor complaint I have at this time is the reset is a bit soft so if wearing gloves it would be hard to feel it but it's audible.

Once you’ve had some range time with it, I’d like to hear how you like this trigger vs. the Hi-Speed National Match.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    Once you’ve had some range time with it, I’d like to hear how you like this trigger vs. the Hi-Speed National Match.

They are two completely different animals I got rid of my last High-Speed National Match last year when I converted over to the AR Gold Triggers.

The HSNM has the bulk of it's pull weight in the first stage and the Triggertech and AR Gold are the opposite.

Reactions: Warrior 45
    They are two completely different animals I got rid of my last High-Speed National Match last year when I converted over to the AR Gold Triggers.

The HSNM has the bulk of it's pull weight in the first stage and the Triggertech and AR Gold are the opposite.
    I hate this about them. Different strokes.

Reactions: Hypervigilance

Thanks, @bigjake83 for the information. I just installed an HSNM in my SP10 yesterday to help me come closer to reaching the rifle’s accuracy potential. It had a single stage CMC in it when I got it. It wasn’t a bad trigger, but I wanted to try a two stage to see if I could tighten my groups.

I’ll have to give the HSNM some time, and then I might look into a Triggertech for comparison. Thanks again for posting.

I shot an AR15 today with the diamond.
    I’ll be honest, it was an excellent feeling AR trigger.

How hard does it hit?

I have a CMMG Banshee 22 I’m probably going to replace the trigger in, but I need something with some ass behind it. A Hiperfire looks to be my best option, but I’d really like to try one of these out.

I have 3 AR Diamonds. Excellent trigger. One of them is set to _under_ a pound. It's like 14 oz or something.

Reactions: redhooker
    So is the diamond an actual 2 stage like a hsnm, or is a simulated 2 stage? How definite is the wall? Ive got HSM triggers, 1.25 on 1st stage, solid wall, then 15oz icicle crisp 2nd stage break. I can pull through 1st stage and hit the wall ready to make a shot without thinking about it or sit there parked on the wall for an ambush shot.

So is the diamond an actual 2 stage like a hsnm, or is a simulated 2 stage? How definite is the wall? Ive got HSM triggers, 1.25 on 1st stage, solid wall, then 15oz icicle crisp 2nd stage break. I can pull through 1st stage and hit the wall ready to make a shot without thinking about it or sit there parked on the wall for an ambush shot.
    They feel more like a 1911 trigger with very light pretravel. They don't feel anything like a NM trigger.

Installing my Diamond in a 15 today. Will pull the Adaptable that’s currently in it out and move it on down to the 2nd most accurate AR, and the Geissele that’s currently in that to the third most, and on it goes...

Lots of trigger swaps to do today 😁

The Adaptable just has take up and not a true first “stage” in my book. Just feels different than most other 2 stages I’ve owned/shot. But that’s admittedly subjective — I guess I don’t know the hard definition of a 2 stage. I’ll be checking the Diamond soon to see if it’s any different...

The AR Diamonds feel more like a 1911/2011 trigger with a bit of light pre-travel. Basically, just like the AR Gold trigger, if you're familiar with those. The first stage is only like 4oz or something. Very light takeup & then a really crisp wall. IMO, this is all you really need. There's just enough there for you to properly stage your finger for a shot.

I'm a big fan of the Diamond AR.
    I decided to use them in all my AR15 and AR10 builds.
    Now that they have specific AR10 triggers, i'm gonna need a few more. ;)

Does the AR10 reliably set off harder military surplus/M80 clone primers? I've had a fair number of light strikes while using a Geissele SD-C on PP, Federal, and MEN M80 clones, along with a friend's reloads that uses S&B primers.

Does the AR10 reliably set off harder military surplus/M80 clone primers? I've had a fair number of light strikes while using a Geissele SD-C on PP, Federal, and MEN M80 clones, along with a friend's reloads that uses S&B primers.
    I've never tried that stuff, but if you want to volunteer a few rounds my way, I'll let you know. Only factory ammo I've shot with mine is Federal gold match medal.

Yes is will light off the MIL surp ammo off no problem.

Whelp, this was a bust. The hammer is too wide to fit the hammer channel in my SR-25 CC's BCG.

I hate this about them. Different strokes.
    I have both. Unfortunately, I went all in on a bunch of the trigger techs on sale. However, the ultra-light (almost non-existent) first stage is too light, well too light isn't exactly the correct word...it's too short. No problem with the lightness, but the travel is almost non-existent which to me effectively makes it a single stage.