• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech Bolt Release or Not?

Alamo308

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2010
Texas
For my Bergara B 14 R.
bergara b-14 trainer 22 lr.jpg

Don't want to order the wrong version TriggerTech Special Flat Shoe. When ordering on Optics Planet, you're offered the option of Yes Bolt Release or No Bolt Release. I was going to select Bolt Release Yes, thinking that the option was asking me if my rifle had a bolt release, which it does.

But now I think the option actually asks if I wanted a bolt release on the trigger assembly. Is that the correct interpretation?

(Please don't flame me too bad for a silly question! )

The B14-R has a side bolt release. The bolt release option you're referring to is about the typical Rem 700 style bottom bolt release. The B14-R does not need that since it has the side bolt release. I have a TT Diamond on my B14-R, which doesn't even have an option of bolt release. So, in this case, no you don't need a bolt release on the trigger assembly.

Reactions: Alamo308
Best of luck ordering from Optics Scamet…
:D:LOL::ROFLMAO: Thanks! LOL No luck needed. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them in the past, plus have a 15% discount coupon and free S&H. Research showed they had best price. (y)

:D:LOL::ROFLMAO: Thanks! LOL No luck needed. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them in the past, plus have a 15% discount coupon and free S&H. Research showed they had best price. (y)
They're the same price from Redhawk rifles and others. A quick glance on barfcom and others would negate the 15% discount. They have a nasty habit of listing out of stock items as in stock when they are out of stock+restocking fees when they ship either the wrong item or never ship and give a "refund".

Reactions: Alamo308 and FuhQ
Yeah, as long as it actually is in stock and ships... The last 2 things I bought from them said they were in stock, but never shipped. I waited the first one out, and 6 months later my damn sling showed up. And then the last order after 3 weeks when it said it was in stock, never shipped. I called, they said that they could see my order in the system, but the warehouse/shipping dept. lost my order... How the fuck does that happen? It's in an internal system sitting in front of them on a computer screen... So they said it would ship THAT DAY "guaranteed". 2 weeks later, still no items. Called back, cancelled, told them to eat shit, and ordered from Midway for $2 more per item more, but had it in 2 days (like always).

Fuck Optics Scamet...

Oh, and as far as TriggerTech triggers, EuroOptic usually has them on sale, and for cheaper than everyone else. You add it to cart to see the discounted price.

Yeah, as long as it actually is in stock and ships... The last 2 things I bought from them said they were in stock, but never shipped. I waited the first one out, and 6 months later my damn sling showed up. And then the last order after 3 weeks when it said it was in stock, never shipped. I called, they said that they could see my order in the system, but the warehouse/shipping dept. lost my order... How the fuck does that happen? It's in an internal system sitting in front of them on a computer screen... So they said it would ship THAT DAY "guaranteed". 2 weeks later, still no items. Called back, cancelled, told them to eat shit, and ordered from Midway for $2 more per item more, but had it in 2 days (like always).

Fuck Optics Scamet...

Oh, and as far as TriggerTech triggers, EuroOptic usually has them on sale, and for cheaper than everyone else. You add it to cart to see the discounted price.
Yep, I've had good luck with EuroOptic as well. (y)