• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggertech Pins

BTShooter

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have a RRA varmint in 223 wylde that I like to use for plinking up to about 500 yards. With my reloads, I get about 0.7 MOA. But, I think I can do better with a little better trigger. Currently, I have the RRA 2-stage NM. I'd like to try a Triggertech in it. Does the Triggertech require any different pins, like anti-walk or 0.1555? Can I just use the same pins I'm using now?
Thanks in advance!

I think using the pins you have now would walk. I would get a set of anti-walk pins similar to the ones that come with the Rise drop in triggers.

I’m using standard parts kit pins with no issues. The set screws contained within the TT will put enough opposing pressure on the pins to not walk. I didn’t go crazy but I did try to tap the pins out once everything was installed and the pins didn’t budge. The system works.

I'm fairly sure they actually come with a set of standard trigger pins. Been a while since I ordered one though. I -always- use KNS pins on everything, but there's no need to. Just my gun OCD.

Reactions: MSTN
Thanks everyone. I think I'll try it with my existing pins first. Unless, of course, my OCD kicks in when I'm ordering...

Reactions: JS8588
Thanks everyone. I think I'll try it with my existing pins first. Unless, of course, my OCD kicks in when I'm ordering...

KNS has free shipping if you manage to order over $50 worth of stuff. I'm just sayin...

My only gripe regarding TT is that they do not come with fire control pins.

I use V Seven DLC coated titanium pins with them. Just my gun OCD.

You've definitely ordered from them more recently than I. I KNOW the first Triggertech I ever ordered came with them but it was the since-discontinued VTAC/Christensen Arms/Triggertech collab Truss Trigger. Heck, Lantac BCGs used to come with a tube of frog lube. Ordered one last month and, no longer.

Thanks again everyone, great info here. With that being said, I decided to go with a Geissele sde. I had a bunch of points and gift cards from cabelas and ended up paying 73 cents for it. And once I saw that Geissele was a Pennsylvania company, I wanted to support local business (I live in western PA).

But I appreciate the info here.

Thanks again everyone, great info here. With that being said, I decided to go with a Geissele sde. I had a bunch of points and gift cards from cabelas and ended up paying 73 cents for it. And once I saw that Geissele was a Pennsylvania company, I wanted to support local business (I live in western PA).

But I appreciate the info here.

As much as I'm not a fan of that trigger, for the price you paid, you made the right call.

As much as I'm not a fan of that trigger, for the price you paid, you made the right call.

I realize that triggers are very subjective, but out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it? I just received it today and installed it. So far, I really like it, but that's just playing with it on the workbench. Hopefully, I'll get out to the range this weekend and see if the groups shrink.

I realize that triggers are very subjective, but out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it? I just received it today and installed it. So far, I really like it, but that's just playing with it on the workbench. Hopefully, I'll get out to the range this weekend and see if the groups shrink.

As Geissele himself bills it (wordplay intended), the break is "carrot like" as opposed to the glass/icicle/candy cane break I prefer. I don't like Hiperfire triggers for the same reason. I'll say this in favor of the Geissele (and for that matter, LaRue): it has a much better reset than Triggertech. The Triggertech reset is serviceable, but the Geissele handily wins that category. As you said, triggers are very subjective. I have a Rise Armament made trigger (OpticsPlanet exclusive) I'm still figuring out whether or not I like. Use your SD-E in peace and good health.

Reactions: BTShooter
As Geissele himself bills it (wordplay intended), the break is "carrot like" as opposed to the glass/icicle/candy cane break I prefer. I don't like Hiperfire triggers for the same reason. I'll say this in favor of the Geissele (and for that matter, LaRue): it has a much better reset than Triggertech. The Triggertech reset is serviceable, but the Geissele handily wins that category. As you said, triggers are very subjective. I have a Rise Armament made trigger (OpticsPlanet exclusive) I'm still figuring out whether or not I like. Use your SD-E in peace and good health.

I think you may be thinking of the Super Tricon trigger, which has a break described as carrot-like on their website. The SD-E is just a flat trigger version of the SSA-E, which has the candy cane break. It definitely feels more akin to a candy cane than a carrot, which is what I would describe the previous RRA NM trigger as.

I think you may be thinking of the Super Tricon trigger, which has a break described as carrot-like on their website. The SD-E is just a flat trigger version of the SSA-E, which has the candy cane break. It definitely feels more akin to a candy cane than a carrot, which is what I would describe the previous RRA NM trigger as.

I have an SD-E...well, more correctly, my wife does. She liked it, I didn't (it originally came on my Barrett Rec7 DMR which I since sold.) Feels crunchy & carrot like to me. As you said, subjective.