• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes trijicon accupoint 5-20 milldot

Re: trijicon accupoint 5-20 milldot

I have a 3-9 x 40 with the triangle reticle I use for hunting. For the intended purpose, which for me was hunting in low light with a .270 at "typical" distances it's been a great scope. Great glass that is good in low light and the reticle has been glowing with out batteries for years now. It's a very high quality scope. Also made in USA which is always a plus in my book. Of course due to the version, it was not meant for ranging multiple targets etc. thus I cant speak to the mil-dot and turret aspect of Trijicon scopes.

I have yet to shoot mine past 100 yards. I got the scope as part of a "package" on an LR 308. I like the glass, I hate that the turrets are in MOA and the reticle is Mil, I'm also not too happy with the limited amount of elevation available. I may have to do some tinkering with this to see just what I can do with it.

I really like this scope aside from its inherent short comings (mil/moa, limited adjustments) The glass is very good, on par with my SS 5-20 and better then my Vortex PST but not my Razor. Holds zero is repeatable and build like a tank. I had it on my Hogan .308 for a few months and it rode in my patrol car every day getting all kinds of banged around. Every range trip it was still right on accurate. In the fall I took it with me to a long range course and shot her out to 1000 at the Sig Academy and had adjustment to spare. I run a 20 MOA mount so it will get to 1K with the right mount. Bottom line, if you can live with mil/moa it is a great buy. It has now moved to my wife's Howa and she sold her Leupold MK 4 in favor of the Trij.

Sully

Last edited:
I bought this scope myself for my first ever build. I have no experience with long range guns or good optics. I liked the idea of the glowing dot when I saw one in the store. However after getting it and seeing how small the dot actually is on this one, I was wondering if I should have spent my money on something different. Not that I don't like it so far, but I thought the "glow" feature would be more handy.

Genius, very accurate and tracks well. Here is a good review from Sniper Central: http://www.snipercentral.com/trijicon.phtml This review about sums it up as I have had the same results. Like I said above I have a lot of glass in the house and buy and sell with annoying frequency. If I hold onto a scope for more then a few months I really like it.

Refusleaking, The glow dot feature is a highlight for me. I used my scope for on duty work and it went on many call outs with me. The non battery illumination was a huge plus. Our PD range has pup ups and other targets we can place all over. Lots of time we use cut out photos from magazines and spray a quick mat coat over them so they blend into veg or dark back grounds and make it hard to locate. The dot would spring to life as I would track a mover from a light to dark background or search from a light back ground to dark. Didn't have to adjust a thing and the dot was perfect size to place over my target for a precise shot. Being a sfp the reticle is kind of large for 600-1000 shots but for LE work in the 50-300 range it was excellent. Not the best magnification range for a hunting scope but the 3-9 would be great for this reason.

Sully