• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon accupoint scopes?

Cjshooter88

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Fargo nd usa
Cant find alot of info on these scopes that is based on personal use. Ive heard that they r one of the best lowlight scopes availabe, from a few reviws. Im hoping to shed some light on this fairly new scope line.

Re: Trijicon accupoint scopes?

Sent a pm.

Very clear and nice for low light or shooting into darker areas which is a high probability with hunting.

Mark

Not sure which model you're looking at, but I have a 3-9x40 with the green mil-dot reticle and it's by far the best low light scope I've ever used. Primarily I use it for fox hunting at night.

Lookin at the 2.5-10x56mm for moonlight coyote hunting. Green milldot would be more to my interest. Sorry mark5 I am new to the hide and still tryin to figure out how to do everything. Cant figure out how to pm from the site.

At around 750 bucks on average it seams like a good competitor to the leupolds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cjshooter88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lookin at the 2.5-10x56mm for moonlight coyote hunting. Green milldot would be more to my interest. Sorry mark5 I am new to the hide and still tryin to figure out how to do everything. Cant figure out how to pm from the site. </div></div>

Other than being larger, I'm sure whatever the 3-9x40 does the 2.5-10x56 would do better... should be a great scope for what you're planning to use it for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cjshooter88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lookin at the 2.5-10x56mm for moonlight coyote hunting. Green milldot would be more to my interest. Sorry mark5 I am new to the hide and still tryin to figure out how to do everything. Cant figure out how to pm from the site. </div></div>

click on my user name and a little drop down will appear and choose pm, no worries

I have the 3-9x40 as well. It is very nice for the price compare to other units that at the same price point. With the low light condition, it is good but in total darkness, I prefer to use something with battery lid instead. The Trijicon is a bit dim on its own without external light source.

I have the 1-4x with Green Triangle and the 3-9x with Amber Triangle. Both used for hunting. Great scopes, these.

The 1-4x is on my coyote gun, and the 3-9x is on my 7mm-08 hunting rifle.

Great scopes. Their only deficiency that I can muster is that the mildot reticle scope has MOA turrets, so holdovers or conversions are the only way to shoot past your zero. Otherwise the glass is great, and shooting in low light is no problem.

I'd get one without hesitation.

I have a 5-20 x 50 with the mil-dot with the green dot. The windage broke on mine, sent it back, it was repaired without question, and sent back to me in a matter of days. I have not had a problem with it since. I would reccomend

I have the 5-20x mildot mounted on my department sniper rifle and have used it on night callouts and I love it. Very clear and bright. I was positioned in complete darkness looking at dimly lit areas and the green dot was perfect. Not to bright, not to dim. Like previously mentioned the only down side is the moa turret with the mil reticle. Once you figure out your drop at given distances its not hard to make your adjustments. Mil/mil is just a little faster and easier to use.

I had and sold the 5-20x50 mildot.
Pros .......Good glass, not too heavy,no batteries, good lowlight.
Cons.......Not much elevation travel, moa turrets, sfp, tracking was suspect.
Shot two hogs and a racoon from 100+ yards both at night under a very dim feeder light.

I have the 3x9 green mildot. I'm very happy with it. I wanted something lightweight for my hog hunting 6.8 ar15. The illumination and glass are fantastic and it only weighs 12.7 oz( I think). I use it when developing loads also. I got it for $550 brand new from Amazon. However, I don't think I would get the higher mag model due to limited elevation travel.

Being adjustment travle and moa turrets are the only downfalls then thiss looks like my scope bein its going on only a 223 for max 400 yd day shots and 100 yd night shots Thanks hide members.

You will love the scope for your intended purpose. I'd definitely suggest you go with the mil-dot reticle you mentioned previously. It can be used for pretty accurately for hold overs when shooting out to 400yds.