• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon AccuPower 1-4 mil

Forrest84

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Cutt n Shoot, TX
Looking at replacing my old Burris 1-4 on my carbine and was thinking about going with the trijicon at the $700 price range. Anybody have a better suggestion? I’m not worried about the Illumination being daylight bright. I’ mainly running it for my night hunting and plinking out to 500 yards. Would like to have a mill retical rather than a bdc reticle

I had one of the Trijicon Accupowers with the MIL-square reticle and sold it. Nice scope, but I found the reticle mostly unusable. In my experience, the hash marks just weren't quite defined enough and were hard to make out. Definitely look at one in person before purchasing if you haven't already. I went with a Vortex PST Gen II 1-6 instead and am mostly happier. The VMR-2 MRAD reticle is much easier to read.

Yeah I feared that may be the case with it, I havnt looked at the pst gen 2’s yet. Glass quality and retical will decide my choice ultimately over anything els

The PST Gen II 1-6 only has an illuminated center dot instead of an illuminated reticle, which might rule it out for you. Glass is fine though and the reticle is very good..

Well I came close to going with the vortex but went ahead and snagged a trijicon and to my eye bob was right, the mill hash retical pretty much looks like a duplex but I’ll give it a couple range sessions first to cast final judgment

Well I came close to going with the vortex but went ahead and snagged a trijicon and to my eye bob was right, the mill hash retical pretty much looks like a duplex but I’ll give it a couple range sessions first to cast final judgment

Yeah, it's very hard to make out the hash marks. That said, the illumination is awesome and the glass is generally great.