• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon Acog T51 mount

wyosniper

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
WYOMING
Gentleman, i just picked up a acog ta31rco m4 and i was wondering if anyone knew the torque settings for the side screws and the bottom scope mounting screws????Thanks

Re: Trijicon Acog T51 mount

I have an Acog TA01NSN with the same T51 mount.

Quote from the owner's manual:

The knobs must be tightened using fingers only. The thumbscrews are designed to remain tight if installed firmly with fingers only. However,an additional 1/8 to 1/4 turn may be applied with a coin or screwdrivers if desired (do not tighten farther or use pliers). Do not apply thread locking compound to thumbscrews (attachment knobs) or permanent damage to the mount base and knob will result. ALWAYS
INSTALL THE SCOPE THE EXACT SAME WAY TO ENSURE ZERO
RETENTION (RETURN TO ZERO—SAME KNOB PRESSURE SUCH AS
FINGER TIGHT PLUS 1/4 TURN.

Additionally:

Tighten the knobs firmly using fingers only and then add another 1/4 turn using a coin or a blade screwdriver. The slots on the knobs are only for removal ACOG scope from the weapon if the knobs are attached tightly for hand removal.
If the slots are used to tighten the knobs, the ACOG scope will be difficult to remove.