• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
Oklahoma
Looking to outfit my 308 bolt action for hunting and target shooting. The 2 scopes I'm liking are Sig Whiskey 5 3-15 mrad hunter and Trijicon Credo 2.5-15. I have 2 of the Whiskey 5 2-10 on a 6.8 and a wolverine so I know what I'm getting their. Ive also got a Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-12.5. Head to head I think the Trijicon eyebox is better and the Whiskey 5 glass has a little more pop to it. Anyone have experience with the credo or know how it compares to the Accupoint? The outlier would be the deals cameraland has going on the sightron s tac, never have looked thru a Sightron, but they seem to have a good reputation.

Reactions: Cpg3
I'm looking to upgrade my scope on my hunting rifle from a gen 1 viper. These two scopes and razor hlr are the main 3 in running. I use razor gen ii on my precision rifles, but far too heavy for hunting. Hopefully you get some feedback.

You know that Credo is SFP only?
They are made in Japan, the sightron S Tac are made in the Philippines.
I have an older STac, the SFP 2.5-17.5, I like the scope very much.
I was actually looking for a 2.5-15 SFP scope to meet specific needs. I ended up going with the Athlon midas HMR, I am generally pleased with it and thought I could work around the fact that it is an MOA scope. That is giving me more trouble than anything else. It seems a dandy scope.

I did know that. It appears the scope I want doesn't exist exactly haha. I think I'll end up having to go SFP or closer to 30oz in weight

Reactions: Yoteski and Cpg3
I believe a lot of people are looking for the same thing, myself included. I have looked into a few Maven offerings but can't find something that seems to check all my boxes.

Reactions: mi223
I did know that. It appears the scope I want doesn't exist exactly haha. I think I'll end up having to go SFP or closer to 30oz in weight
Check midas tac 4-16x50, ffp, excellent mil reticle, capped windage, forgiving eyebox and great turrets. This scope has a ton going for it! I have 2 of em, they've tracked perfectly, been out past 1k yards great return to zero(zero stop works well and solid). Comparing it to a mk5hd 3.6-18x44, there isn't much difference, leupold glass is a smidgen better, but the Midas has less darkening at 16 vs the mk5hd at 18. I may have a bum mk5hd idk. Ive also been behind 2 of the tac 5-25x56, they're an excellent scope for the 700$ I paid for both.

Reactions: st1650 and Cpg3
Check midas tac 4-16x50, ffp, excellent mil reticle, capped windage, forgiving eyebox and great turrets. This scope has a ton going for it! I have 2 of em, they've tracked perfectly, been out past 1k yards great return to zero(zero stop works well and solid). Comparing it to a mk5hd 3.6-18x44, there isn't much difference, leupold glass is a smidgen better, but the Midas has less darkening at 16 vs the mk5hd at 18. I may have a bum mk5hd idk. Ive also been behind 2 of the tac 5-25x56, they're an excellent scope for the 700$ I paid for both.
Thanks for the recommendation, it appears that and the ares 2.5-15*50 are strong contenders

Also, such a shame so many scopes start out at a high magnification. I want a large field of view for this application.

I have two Accupoints and they are my favorite mid-priced scopes, however needed a bit more magnification on my Sig Cross .308 and bought a Whiskey 5 3-15 Mrad. Think it’s a toss up in view quality with the Trijicon but really like the built in level function on the Sig. They also include a voucher for a custom elevation turret, which is seldom used but handy none the less.

Thanks! That's really good feedback also, I have a sign tango6, also built in Japan. And like it, but not as much as the razors. Maybe I'll look some of those up. I also would like try the Athlon scopes, but don't have any in front of me to see. Also, made in China bothers me. Thanks again!

I recently switched out scopes on my .308 bolt gun to the Credo 2.5-15x42, specifically to have wide FOV and a simple, visible but precise, SFP reticle. I am very pleased. Build quality, mechanical quality, and glass quality are all great. I’m a fan of the clean reticle design with the illumination option, which works very well in my opinion. And I have high confidence in its durability and zero retention.

My use for this scope and rifle is elk hunting in mixed terrain, 0-500 yard range. This scope feels ideal.

I recently switched out scopes on my .308 bolt gun to the Credo 2.5-15x42, specifically to have wide FOV and a simple, visible but precise, SFP reticle. I am very pleased. Build quality, mechanical quality, and glass quality are all great. I’m a fan of the clean reticle design with the illumination option, which works very well in my opinion. And I have high confidence in its durability and zero retention.

My use for this scope and rifle is elk hunting in mixed terrain, 0-500 yard range. This scope feels ideal.
Well thanks for letting me know. I dont have a shot further than 300 yards. And it's whitetail. It's on a 308 that shoots very well and I like to shoot with it some at the range. This credo seems like a good go between my razors and a hunting scope