• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon Credo and Trijicon Tenmile

houndog

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2005
Looking for a new scope for an AR10. Something with 3-4x at the low end and 15-20x at the high end. Not going to be shooting much beyond 600 yards (which is all I have regular access to), and mostly at steel plates, so 15x should get me there at the high end. And I don't need a ton of elevation either. Eurooptic is blowing out Trijicon Credos and Tenmiles at what look to be pretty tempting prices, but I don't know much about these scopes. The ones that are really discounted are SFP, which I can live with if the price is right. Really just looking for excellent glass, good tracking, and fairly rugged. Illumination is a plus, but not a deal breaker.

The few reviews I can find generally think this is a solid choice at $1200-1300. Eurooptic selling at $600-1000 depending on the model. Is there a reason they're being so heavily discounted? Are there other scopes with similar magnification I should be looking at in this price range? Anyone have some time behind one of these scopes?

I don’t think there is much in the 6-800 range that competes with it. Maybe the Optika 6 but that’s a much heavier scope. The turrets are an LOW design that you see among several other scopes such as the Leica Amplus.

The glass I had showed a similar amount of CA as other scopes in the price range and clarity seemed to be better than the Razor LHT.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Trijicon at that price. My buddy pulled the trigger on one and is supposed to receive it on Wednesday so I'll report back. My guess is that it's going to be comparable to the Bushnell XRS II as far as the glass goes but I won't know for certain until I look through it. On a side note, the XRS's glass is superior to the Optika 6's.

I have a Tenmile... but with little else similar to compare it to, I don't know what I can add.

6-24x50 MOA GR but I didn't pay full retail for it, (and about $100 less than what Euro Optic is asking for it now)

I don't have any real complaints, I found the eye box / alignment fussy at first, but have no issues with it now. That may have been due to the fact that I hadn't used any higher power scopes in close to 30 years.

This is a quick review for anyone on the fence about getting one of the Ten Mile scopes on clearance from Euro Optics. A buddy of mine pulled the trigger on one last week and we decided to compare it to some of the scopes I own to see how it stacks up. Now mind you, I only tested it optically but I'm pretty sure the tracking is spot on but won't know for certain until we hit the range. My conclusion, for the $750 he paid, it's a great scope. Read on if you care to know more.

I was able to compare a buddy's Trijicon Ten Mile 3-18x50 today to my Meopta Optika 6 3-18x50 & 4.5-27, Bushnell XRS II, and just to set a bar, my S&B PMII 5-25x56. Without a doubt the glass on the Ten Mile is better than the Optika 6. Resolution, contrast, and CA were better as well. The Ten Mile did have some CA but mainly only noticeable if you weren't perfectly centered on the scope. Resolution was undoubtedly better than the Optika 6 but not quite at the level of the Bushnell XRS II.

I was honestly expecting this Trijicon to be right on Par with the XRS but at least to my eye, the XRS is optically superior. The turrets feel good, very tactile, and precise with no play in the turrets. The parallax adjustment wasn't as forgiving as the XRS and PMII but the image was easily focused. Overall, for $750, I think it's a great deal. I paid about the same amount for my Meopta and without a doubt, it's a better scope optically anyway. I think the most surprising thing for me was just seeing how good the Bushnell XRS II is. I got mine on clearance from Midway when they were selling them and they were well worth the money.

Obviously, the image quality of the PMII was better is almost every aspect but definitely not 3 times better when you consider the price. I've always said that in the scope game, you start playing for real with you go over the $1200.00 price tag. After the $1200 mark give or take, you may pay double, but you won't get double.

I was on the fence about getting a Ten Mile to replace the Optika 6 on my hunting rig now, but I'm going to hold off. At least for me, I don't think it will be that much of an upgrade. If I didn't have the Optika 6, I for sure would go with the Ten Mile especially considering the price. Overall, it's a solid choice for anyone looking for a scope in that price range.

His 3-18x50 is the HX model, SFP and yours are FFP, correct?

I've been looking hard at the 3-18x44 FFP for a 20" Precision AR build. Reviews have been a little tough to come by, I'm hopeful the 44mm objective is big enough to keep the image bright.

Thanks for the write up Ocean_Dweller. Ended up pulling the trigger on a Credo 4-16x for $620. Going to replace a really cheap Nikon I've had on an AR10 for years. Haven't gotten it mounted yet (the LaRue mount I'm going to put it on has 34mm rings, so I've just bought 30mm inserts to make it work). But it's clearly going to be a big improvement over what I have on their now, and at $620 I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Another big fan of the Bushnell XRS. I've got one on a bolt gun and really like the glass. Think I picked mine up from Midway when they were on clearance, just like you. Never owned an S&B, which is probably a good thing. As I discovered with the cheap Nikon I'm replacing, a $250-300 scope looks ok ... until you look through a $1,200 scope. Don't think I can afford to know what a $2,500-3000 scope looks like. :)

Let us know how you like the Credo 4-16x. I've been looking for something similar, the Trijicon's are tempting for the price. Seems like some of the Trijicon Credos knock it out of the park while others are mediocre (eg C_Does loved the Credo 1-8 HX but wasn't impressed with the Credo 2-10).

Finally got the inserts I needed to mount the Credo using an extra LaRue mount I happened to have on hand. Ended up temporarily putting it on a Rock River AR15 I've had for years and taking it to the range today. Didn't bring any other rifles or scopes, so can't do a direct comparison to anything. But my initial impressions are that the scope is bright, I like the reticle and the optics are very good, but not outstanding. Elevation turret started a little mushy, but seemed to get better after I played around with it a while. So, at $620 I'd say this scope is a real bargain. If I'd paid close to retail, which is around $1,500 I'd expect something a little better. As another poster has observed, don't think this can really hang with my Bushnell XRS for clarity, but it is a solid scope.

My only other observation is that I was able to get outstanding results with this scope attached to my rife. I've owned the RRA for years, and it's always been a shooter, but not this good. First five shot group after I got the scope zeroed was approx. .5" at 100 yards shooting 69 gr. ADI match ammo. Subsequent groups were .9" .7" and .8" shooting the ADI and IMI 77 gr. match ammo. Not sure how much is attributable to the scope, but I really like the reticle, which enables me to get very precise placement of the crosshairs/dot onto the target.

The other possible explanation was a new Precision Underground rear bag I was using, which I also really like. But I've been shooting this rifle for years, and historically have been getting 1-1.25" groups, so things definitely tightened up this outing.

His 3-18x50 is the HX model, SFP and yours are FFP, correct?

I've been looking hard at the 3-18x44 FFP for a 20" Precision AR build. Reviews have been a little tough to come by, I'm hopeful the 44mm objective is big enough to keep the image bright.
Yes and Yes. I have the 4.5-27x50 FFP MRAD. I posted this on another thread by does anyone know if the credo and tenmile share the same glass? I'm thinking about getting one of the 56mm Credo's on sale.

I have two of the sfp Tenmile 4-24x50's on hunting rifles and have zero complaints.

I picked up a 4.5-30x56 2nd focal Tenmile from europtic a few weeks ago and finally spent some time behind it today shooting out to 900. I was shooting rifles with a G3 Razor, 7-35 ATACR, and the Trijicon. All are my personal rifles and scopes are set up for me.

I'll keep it short, the Tenmile is fantastic. Glass is in the same league as the NF, brighter than the Razor but maybe slightly less resolution. For the record, I really like the G3 Razor glass. All three are neck and neck from a practical standpoint, slightly different but very comparable.

Trijicon turret is probably the best of the three. I dont love the razor turrets, NF and Trijicon are a wash from a feel/sound standpoint, both feel very precise. I dont think most people are tracking that these Trijicon scopes have a tooless zero, and it works excellent, to me that makes the Tenmile turret the best of the 3.

And the Trijicon was like $1k..... impossible to beat if a 2nd focal scope works for your application.

I agree with @3rdfocal - I got the Trijicon Tenmile HX in 3-18x50 SFP on my Barrett Rec7 for coyotes and I love it!! MRAD dot is perfect for me. Glass is very clear and turrets are crisp and spot on in tracking. Got it on the Eurooptic special and feel like I stole it for just over $700. Awesome scope.

I got the 4x24x 50 tenmile one and then ended up buying a second it was such a deal. im very pleased

I got the 4x24x 50 tenmile one and then ended up buying a second it was such a deal. im very pleased
Damn I'm looking at this one now too. The Tenmile HX line looks legit and I haven't heard a bad thing. Only downside is SFP, but I'm not sure its that big of deal to me at this point. At 25.7oz its not the lightest scope, but its also no where near the heavy scopes. This would save almost 1.5lbs in weight over my Razor2.

I have two of the sfp Tenmile 4-24x50's on hunting rifles and have zero complaints.

My biggest issue is the reticle leaves much to be desired on the eurooptic blow 4-24. The 3-18 has the open dot which I much prefer.

Look at the 4-16x50 Credo, it has the dot reticle you're talking about. It's also on sale for under $600.

Look at the 4-16x50 Credo, it has the dot reticle you're talking about. It's also on sale for under $600.

I did see that. Was pondering whether the upgrade to the 3-18 Tenmile HX was worth the extra cash. Either way, those close outs are pretty solid deal s

Received my 6-24 red dot ten mile today. Awesome scope. Better glass than my credo, Ares btr, and us optics scopes. Always wanted a daylight bright red dot in a magnified hunting scope. The tenebrex lense covers really top off the quality touches. Can't wait to get it to the range this week. Highly recommend!!

Reactions: simonp and Scopeye