• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon Credo series scopes

wapiti16b

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2014
New Mexico
I'm contemplating the 1x8 Credo HX for my LMT AR 15 and would like to know where the scope is made and any impressions you may have about this scope . 2&4 legged varmints are the intended targets!
Thanks!

I have had a Credo 1-8 in the past and it was a really nice optic all around. The glass is a very clear much like an ACOG especially at low to mid magnification. The locking turrets and tool-less re-zeroing was a nice touch. My only real complaint was the weight penalty at 28 oz or so.

You really can't go wrong with a Trijicon, they are very durable and they have excellent customer service.

CM

I have had a Credo 1-8 in the past and it was a really nice optic all around. The glass is a very clear much like an ACOG especially at low to mid magnification. The locking turrets and tool-less re-zeroing was a nice touch. My only real complaint was the weight penalty at 28 oz or so.

You really can't go wrong with a Trijicon, they are very durable and they have excellent customer service.

CM
Thanks for the comments. I have a couple of ACOGs and RMRs that I am very pleased with but have no experience with their other products. Will give the Credo a try.

I recently picked up a Credo 1-8 to put on my .300 BLK hunting upper. While I don’t have a lot of time behind it, I have been impressed with the image quality and low light performance. So far I have only had it out a couple of times in the evenings to try and see how it does, but I don’t think it will shorten my shooting time.

My two biggest complaints so far are the weight and no zero stop. It is a chunky optic, especially on top of a small frame AR, but it isn’t unmanageable by any means. This is primarily a hog gun with some deer thrown in the mix if I feel like changing things up, so the weight doesn’t bother me quite as much as it would in other applications.

So far my initial impressions are good and I look forward to spending some more time behind it.

Well I wound up going with a VCOG 1-8 MRAD for my new SR-15. Talk about chunky...especially compared to the ACOG. Image quality is really impressive as is the field of view. The dot at 1X is small but bright at the highest illumination though not sure I need it with the cross hairs. But did I mention it is heavy? Have 15 days to return it so will have to see...

Well I wound up going with a VCOG 1-8 MRAD for my new SR-15. Talk about chunky...especially compared to the ACOG. Image quality is really impressive as is the field of view. The dot at 1X is small but bright at the highest illumination though not sure I need it with the cross hairs. But did I mention it is heavy? Have 15 days to return it so will have to see...
I would take it out to the range for some testing first. I just got a VCOG 1-8 last week. I put it on a 18" setup. I changed the base over to an ADM QD mount. It weighs more than my ATACR 1-8 (on a dangerous game rifle) by a few ounces once you include the mount. The clarity is very close and I like the AA battery setup on the VCOG. This will be my new go to scope for hunting coyotes at night or hunting grey fox. The reticle is setup perfect for this application. My shopping list included the NX8, ATACR, Credo, and VCOG. I found the VCOG for a good price so decided to try that one blind. The other 3 I have tried and owned the ATACR. All 4 are awesome scopes. If planning on using a lot at night the ATACR and VCOG have the best performance. The Credo has a nicer eye box vs the NX8, but the NX8 is the lightweight compact option for ultralight builds.

I would take it out to the range for some testing first. I just got a VCOG 1-8 last week. I put it on a 18" setup. I changed the base over to an ADM QD mount. It weighs more than my ATACR 1-8 (on a dangerous game rifle) by a few ounces once you include the mount. The clarity is very close and I like the AA battery setup on the VCOG. This will be my new go to scope for hunting coyotes at night or hunting grey fox. The reticle is setup perfect for this application. My shopping list included the NX8, ATACR, Credo, and VCOG. I found the VCOG for a good price so decided to try that one blind. The other 3 I have tried and owned the ATACR. All 4 are awesome scopes. If planning on using a lot at night the ATACR and VCOG have the best performance. The Credo has a nicer eye box vs the NX8, but the NX8 is the lightweight compact option for ultralight builds.
Oh absolutely. Weight was my initial reaction while setting the rifle up. Also did not have the sling on so the weight was not as well distributed. Great idea about the QD mount. I have one on order. Price was also a consideration, so I was initially thinking of the Credo, but somewhat impulsively, picked the VCOG instead. We are limited in the 100 yd+ ranges here so will have to wait for the weekend for some testing.