• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon kicking chinese importers in the nuts.

if it’s a blatant knockoff then yes, i’m all for it. If you can’t stop the source, at least cutoff the distribution through the major online retailers
So, start sinking the ships? Practice for the Navy....twice. Movers for the surface ships AS WELL AS tracking and movers (vertically) for the subs. HA.

It's long overdue that American companies start putting foot to Chinese ass for copy right infringement and counterfeit products good on them.
If B&T industries hasn't allready in regards to the atlas bipods they certainly should follow suit.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
This place copies the shit out of everyone

Have both trijicon and holsun products.

I love trijicon you might even call me a fanboy.

But, the holosuns are pretty solid and the customer service is pretty good too. Lost a windage cap and emailed them looking to buy replacements. They responded within a day and shipped me 4 new ones free of charge.

Dont know how much merit there is to TJC's claims, would need to read the specifics. But hell, there are dozens of RD and optics makers in the market. Some are way more sketchy than others.

Reactions: Chips26
if it’s a blatant knockoff then yes, i’m all for it. If you can’t stop the source, at least cutoff the distribution through the major online retailers

They are not going against knockoffs but competition, Holosun doesn't make copies of Trijicon. This more of a case of outdated patent laws than knockoffs
Holosun is rather solid manufacturer .not one of the prethora of noname chinese manufacturers you find on Aliexprees

The infringment Trijicon is claiming , honestly, i would pistol whip both the folks at Trijicon and the patent officer that granted such patent , its kinda like Apple patenting rounded corners.
'' Trijicon claims its sights have housing with increased durability and easier use. ''

Last edited:
Reactions: Chips26 and MCHOG
Isn't trijicon made in China?
if so....what do they expect? Plus i thought i read or heard or dreamt, that if you do business in china part of the deal is they get to look at your plans for security only purposes. I hope i'm wrong on trijicon stuff being made in china.

They are not going against knockoffs but competition, Holosun doesn't make copies of Trijicon. This more of a case of outdated patent laws than knockoffs
Holosun is rather solid manufacturer .not one of the prethora of noname chinese manufacturers you find on Aliexprees

The infringment Trijicon is claiming , honestly, i would pistol whip both the folks at Trijicon and the patent officer that granted such patent , its kinda like Apple patenting rounded corners.
'' Trijicon claims its sights have housing with increased durability and easier use. ''

STFU unless you've done FEA impact analysis on the RMR's housing. Their patent is legit and based on sound engineering.

In any case, that article is full of errors anyway.

True I hope these people really start (as much as possible) kicking china to the kerb. However, no real need to do so as I've been assured by "Plugs" that he will stop china and buy made in America. And for sure he's going to help small business (do what? go bankrupt?) Sure "Plugs" sure double down on that china thing; but won't "hunter" have to find a different job? And won't your family and the klintons then take a massive pay cut?

I'm already sick as shit of Plugs' commericals I don't see an Trump commercials.

"Trijicon claims its sights have housing with increased durability and easier use."

Vague whining. Give it to the patent lawyers and let them sort it out, at great expense. The collimating mirror optic is pre-WWI technology, so unless Trijicon's patent literally covers a unique function or geometry of the housing they will probably be SOL.

And fuck China.

STFU unless you've done FEA impact analysis on the RMR's housing. Their patent is legit and based on sound engineering.

In any case, that article is full of errors anyway.
In any case you have a legal system for this .Trijicon has means to enforce the patent like any other patent holder

Trijicon is just jumping on a balkanization train where anything can be declared national security issue on a whim and banned or forced to sell under duress like TikTok

In any case you have a legal system for this .Trijicon has means to enforce the patent like any other patent holder

Trijicon is just jumping on a balkanization train where anything can be declared national security issue on a whim and banned or forced to sell under duress like TikTok

What balkanization train? The one that leads to protecting our own national interests instead of those of other countries?

America uber alles. Don't give a fuck if that pisses off globalists or europeans or both.

See also "STFU unless you've been through the patent process."

With nearly 10 million granted to date, yeah, it's getting a bit tougher to find room for a new patent, but the whole process of triangulating within the "whitespace" of existing IP is a well-known defensive strategy. I've seen some real shit granted approval by the USPTO, but ignore it at one's own risk. Willful infringement carries a penalty of treble damages, and that'll add up quickly.

I strongly suspect that Trijicon and Holosun have already talked, and that this is a tactic by Trijicon to utilize its leverage to move things along. The argument will likely be settled out of court, if for no other reason it'd be suicide for Holosun to go up against the legal team of a much larger company.

Like it or not, this is the way the system works, and I for one am happy to live in a country where there is still some basic respect for the concept of intellectual property.

EDIT: having read the patent supposedly in question (8443541) over this morning's breakfast, this has nothing to do with "the shape of a housing" (which wild likely be covered by a design patent, not a utility filing). I'm not an expert in this space and some of the claims look overly broad upon initial glance, but the devil is in the details.

Also, everyone reading this message will now get a bill from me for providing this expert opinion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911
When I needed a Trijicon SRO in a hurry I ordered one from Amazon, not a 3rd party vendor, and a knockoff showed up. Had all the trijicon markings, but the tops was a dead zone for the red dot. Eurooptic.com was able to overnight one, and Amazon refunded my $ without a problem.

As if we needed another reason to fuck china any place we can........

Expecting to see much more of this as things heat up with the US first blocking Huawei now banning/forcing a sell of Tik Tok

Expecting to see much more of this as things heat up with the US first blocking Huawei now banning/forcing a sell of Tik Tok

Donald Trump is the first President, in my lifetime, who isn't into selling his country out.

• Love
Reactions: FishinGuns
As if we needed another reason to fuck china any place we can........

🧻 Shipments of nearly 20,000 fake driver's licenses seized at Chicago airporto_O Must be for all the Chicago BLM inteligentsia vith fake Trijicon red dots.

In fact, federal customs officers have seized 1,513 shipments from overseas containing fraudulent documents—19,888 counterfeit U.S. driver's licenses—just at Chicago O'Hare International Airport this year through the end of June.
Most of the shipments came from Hong Kong and mainland China, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Other shipments came from South Korea and the U.K CBP said most of the fake IDs were for college-age students. Many had the same photo but different names. But one alarming discovery was that the barcode on the fake Michigan licenses actually worked, CBP said.

🧻 Shipments of nearly 20,000 fake driver's licenses seized at Chicago airporto_O Must be for all the Chicago BLM inteligentsia vith fake Trijicon red dots.

In fact, federal customs officers have seized 1,513 shipments from overseas containing fraudulent documents—19,888 counterfeit U.S. driver's licenses—just at Chicago O'Hare International Airport this year through the end of June.
Most of the shipments came from Hong Kong and mainland China, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Other shipments came from South Korea and the U.K CBP said most of the fake IDs were for college-age students. Many had the same photo but different names. But one alarming discovery was that the barcode on the fake Michigan licenses actually worked, CBP said.

Yes, the CCP is the enemy of the United States and we must do whatever we can to hurt them.

Reactions: ...
Also, everyone reading this message will now get a bill from me for providing this expert opinion.

You can split my bill and send one to the Richard Nixon estate and the other to George W. Bush please.

Reactions: E. Bryant
I am okay with this. Also there claim is vague in the articles but you can go find the entire thing if you do a quick google search

Reactions: 308pirate
That's some sleezy, cheating, underhanded shit. It's mind-blowing how any US business would want to set up shop with the CCP after reading that.

The reason for such dealings is that guy invested know how , and chinese invested the hard cash needed for the project , i reckon if he could have done it in Mexico or US he would.

I would be curious to see if Holosun has any patents of their own they counter sue with. We'll see what happens, the Chinese idea of R&D in many cases is "Receive and Duplicate" so it wouldn't surprise me if Holosun is doing what they're being accused of. Then again that's what courts are for.

When I needed a Trijicon SRO in a hurry I ordered one from Amazon, not a 3rd party vendor, and a knockoff showed up. Had all the trijicon markings, but the tops was a dead zone for the red dot. Eurooptic.com was able to overnight one, and Amazon refunded my $ without a problem.
Amazon can go fuck it's self.....I'm done with them....not only do their permit blatant Chinese knockoffs....but they also can't ship a product worth a damn.

I had an order that hadn't even shipped by the expected delivery date, so I messaged them and they literally told me " it'll ship when it ships"......fuck that bullshit

The reason for such dealings is that guy invested know how , and chinese invested the hard cash needed for the project , i reckon if he could have done it in Mexico or US he would.
It's not as simple as that. The chinks wipe their asses with contract law as they do with patent law.

Amazon can go fuck it's self.....I'm done with them....not only do their permit blatant Chinese knockoffs....but they also can't ship a product worth a damn.

I had an order that hadn't even shipped by the expected delivery date, so I messaged them and they literally told me " it'll ship when it ships"......fuck that bullshit

I'm not a huge amazon fan, but I live in remote location and sometimes their prime works out to be the best solution. (Pre-corona that is).

FWIW it the same optic was $103 more at EuroOptics. It doesn't really matter since amazon shipped a counterfeit part. However amazon listed the same part number for 20% less. Shipped and sold from amazon as well. So it wasn't a 3rd party vendor.