• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Trijicon Reap IR 60HZ vs 30HZ mode

Flip#1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
North Carolina
Has anyone noticed any image degradation between the 60HZ and 30HZ mode.
I am a big into the image quality and I know that thermals HZ are more for moving targets so they won’t tear the image. But Trijicon calls the 30HZ mode a power saving mode and I was wondering what else besides the HZ is taking into effect to give you longer battery life. IE image quality?

I'd say they are the same as well, but on moving targets there's no competition. 60Hz all the way.

I used mine tonight for the first time hunting. I started on 60 but went to 30 to save the battery's and didn't notice much difference.
The detail was amazing, I was watching mice at over 100yds and could make out rabbits at 300. I Spotted a coyote at 450, but couldn't get him to come in. I did tag a possum at 165yds before I left. No buyers remorse, these things are freezing bad ass.

Reactions: Flip#1 and Frog05
I used mine tonight for the first time hunting. I started on 60 but went to 30 to save the battery's and didn't notice much difference.
The detail was amazing, I was watching mice at over 100yds and could make out rabbits at 300. I Spotted a coyote at 450, but couldn't get him to come in. I did tag a possum at 165yds before I left. No buyers remorse, these things are freezing bad ass.
What model do you have? I am looking at getting rid of an older gen Flir. I’m looking for bet picture in trijicon but don’t need extras that I’ll never use...I’d like to keep it around 5k but it looks like mot handhelds are at 6.....

I have the reap ir for a scope. I got a pair of pulsar accolade range finder binoculars for scanning, thier much better than trying to scan through the rifle scope. Lot easier to take a quick look behind.

Just get an external battery and you don't have ever worry about battery life and keep it on 60hz. The kit from UNV will last 20+ hours on a charge. It'll pay for itself quickly vs the cost of 3v batteries.

Sun down till sun up is what we usually do. Longest we've hunted was around 14 hours. Covered alot of our ground and had a blast. If the rechargeable batteries last 4 hrs or so, I will be stocking up on them when I finally get mine!

Sorry, not paying money to have crap hanging off my scope. I'll stick to the regular batteries. Don't have to worry about a cable coming loose while I'm walking through brush. The protected cell 123's are a bit too long for the IR-Hunter scopes.