• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon Reflex sights.

Strangedays

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2009
    Tacoma Washington
    Hey I was wondering if anyone knows much about these. I wanted to buy one becouse of the fiber optics and not needing batteries to run.
    I was just wondering if they are a ok sight or not? THANKS

Re: Trijicon Reflex sights.

There might be some information on these at ar15.com.

I've used both the Reflex and Reflex II. As previosuly stated they are very prone to washout. If you use them in and bright condition, especially winter on a sunny day, the reticle is almost useless. The filter helps, but only to a point. They were good in their day, but technology has come along ways, better to get something newer. I personally run Aimpoint Comp ML2s now.

If you have one a little tape over the fiber optic helps the wash out. But there are definately better options now.Aim point m4 you can leave it on for like 4-5 years if you have an extra battery that gives you a decade.By the time you wear out those two they'll have rayguns.

Sorry guys but I am not a aimpoint fan. I would go with an eotech over those. I was looking for somthing smaller to go on a
    CQC rifle. I have used aimpoint and every time it leads me to a sale to replace it with an eotech. Any other smaller red dot sights? Thanks to everyone who has added their input.

I like the doctor sights, have one on my DPMS rifle as a backup so I don't have to remove the scope for the BUIS. They work good. Liked the idea of not adding batteries for backup. Thats why I was wondering about the reflex. Thanks.

Ive got a RX06 with the amber triangle as my main optic on my AR-15. so far I really like it.

If you are interested in the Trijicon Reflex, I would go with the newer 42mm version as youll have more sight picture.

Thats good I already ordered that exact model. Know anyone who needs a mount for a AR Handle? I won't be needing it.

I have a couple of RXII sights with the 12.5 moa triangle.
    Very decent, triangle reticle w/polar filter works ok.
    Use these with carry handle mount and they are fast reacting and work fine through the A2 sights.

Lightweight, no batteries, triangle reticle enables multiple uses. Can index with my Mark 4 MR/T when setup on the Trijicon Weaver mount. RX goes on the pic rail of the handguard. With carryhandle mount, the triangle indexes on the bottom of the front sight post which works out fine.

Take a look at the Leupold Prismatic. Its a great little optic that comes with many mounting options. Plus it works with or without batteries! It has about 70 MOA of elevation and windage too. I suggest that one myself. But I use Aimpoints optics for CQB as well. Both of them are great options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The old ones sucked. They were prone to washout.

I have no experience with the new ones.</div></div>
    +1 I had the RX01NSN model and it washed out even with the polarized filter...AVOID 'EM

I did get the polarized filter and kill flash with it so I hope that helps. Its main use will be indoors in low light.
    So I didn't have too many to choose from that did not operate on batteries. thanks for everyones comments!

Yes I did, I have a set on my M&P 40 cal. They work good and I have seen the other sights as well but I like trijicon and their performance.

I have a Relflex II on my AR-15. It's wonderful, I like it very much except when I'm trying to shoot into the sun on a bright day. Then I have to fiddle a little with the filter to make it easy to see what I'm shooting at.

At dusk conditions it's awesome, and for fast target aquisition and quick shooting I really like it.