• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Trijicon Snipe IR vs IRAY RH25 for clip on

flyfisherman246

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2017
I tried googling this and couldn't find a comparison. Does anyone have experience using both of these thermals strictly as a clip on in front of a day scope? Thought I was set on the RH25 until I saw the Snipe IR. Once again, strictly as a clip on in front of a day scope. Any thoughts?

The advantages of the RH25 are as follows:
  • Longer battery run time
  • Better warranty
  • Smaller profile
  • Lighter weight
  • Multi-function – Can be used as helmet mounted thermal, clip-on, handheld monocular, and stand-alone thermal scope
  • And the big one……almost half the price!

There was pretty widespread agreement that the Snipe-IR was a rare miss for Trijicon thermal systems, and that it wasn’t that great of a clip-on. At its price there are better choices nowadays.

Between those two, I would say so. But if you were potentially budgeting for the Snipe, you could consider other options like the TigIR. The Super Yoter C is also worth considering.