• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Trijicon TA11J308 ACOG 3.5x35 Scp

SeanPOF308

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2011
I'm considering putting the above on a POF 308, intended purpose is an all around shooter. Is this scope a poor choice for some mixed deer/elk/bear hunting? I asked Trijicon directly and they suggested more accurate selections are out there.

I have no intentions of shooting anything beyond 4 or 500 yards.

Re: Trijicon TA11J308 ACOG 3.5x35 Scp

They would be a great scope for the POF but I'm not sure how well it would do for the type of hunting your talking about. I guess if you are talking 200 to 300yds at the most it should work.

Mike @ CST

I am open to any other suggestions you great folks may have! I would like to stay with some type of magnified holographic optic.

If you are looking at doing a RED DOT Sight with a Magnifier I would recommend sticking with the Trijicon.

For hunting I would recommend a variable scope in the power range of 2-10x but for tactical the and in some hunting situation I can see using the ACOG.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6riHRpK-Qgo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6riHRpK-Qgo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Mike @ CST

Or maybe even the Trijicon Accupoint would be a better choice than the ACOG? 1-4x

Mike, great video, thank you for that.

I think I've decided on a Trijicon accupoint 3x9 with a warne ramp mount, with a trijicon RMR mounted on the side....

I think I can piece it together for 1239.66 using:
CalSport Trijicon TR20-2G for 601
Amazon Warne RAMP 30 for 138.71
Red Dot Scopes RMR RM06 for 499.95

I'm pretty frugal lol.