• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon TR26-C Mount for ar15/10

Carphunter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2008
with larger scopes like this... do most people shoot to get them forward for nose-to-charging-handle shooting... or pass on that so you don't have to use offset mounts to move it forward over the handgguard?

also, if using a stock without a raised or adjustable cheek piece, how high a mount do most people use? just enough so the bell clears the top of forearm? or is there some golden height to put center axis of the scope above an ar upper rail?

I'm considering if i want to mount the scope on a detachable mount like the AD recon model... and then i can move it between my 10 and 15.... or just go with rings.

actually, reading the sticky at the top of the forum, looks like 1.4" rise is pretty typical for ar mounts... now just down to if i want the scope forward or not.

The standard has traditionally been 1.5, but you can go lower, almost down to 1.25. Get a mount instead of rings because it is easier to use with a cantilever

well, i picked up an american defense ad-recon with tactical levers. overall i like it... but am thinking i should have gone with the recon-x... right now... i can't be truly nose to charging handle. I'll keep it and play... but down the road might pick up the longer-offset mount.