• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trim-it upgrade

RLWjr

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2013
Ft. Worth
Just got off the phone with trim-it and they have a new cutter that chamfer and deburs. The whole assembly with the new cutter is like $190.

So kinda debating. I have like 1000 308 brass that is just sitting waiting to trim. On one hand this is half the price of a giraud, as are new caliber inserts. Giraud however comes with a motor, a solid reputation and an overall convenient package. I wonder how difficult it is to set up and what the blades are made out of...

I got the impression that it's not super easy to set up and or change between even same cal. Brass.

Looks like the WFT from Little Crow with a micrometer adjustment. The 3-way cutter is awesome. Would like to know if they sell it separately and if it will fit my WFT bodies.

Looks like the WFT from Little Crow with a micrometer adjustment. The 3-way cutter is awesome. Would like to know if they sell it separately and if it will fit my WFT bodies.

I have one of these, and the cutter is carbide...the set up takes a little time, but it's super easy. I haven't had any issues with it to date. IDK if it will fit in the WFT trimmer though.

I have one of these, and the cutter is carbide...the set up takes a little time, but it's super easy. I haven't had any issues with it to date. IDK if it will fit in the WFT trimmer though.

Would you be so kind as to measure the diameter of your cutter where it goes into the body, just to see if there is a chance? Mine is .3715" for both the 308 and 223 trimmers where they insert into the body.

Last edited: