• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Triple deer with 6 XC, scenic mountain hunt & boat access.

Thanks! Have a long string of hunting films inbound now, editing is basically what I do in the offseason. In some ways it helps, on the other hand sitting in front of the computer also makes it that much harder to get in shape in time for hunting. Big fan of mountain hunting, but nature gives no f**** about my excuses for not getting fit. :D

My apologies if you’ve answered this elsewhere but what do you prefer for a solid color outer layer, specifically for desiduous forests in late summer through late fall? Figured I’d ask while you’re here.

My apologies if you’ve answered this elsewhere but what do you prefer for a solid color outer layer, specifically for desiduous forests in late summer through late fall? Figured I’d ask while you’re here.

Funny you should ask, I can get fairly technical on that question. Somewhere around colour code Pantone 16-0726 TPX.
As it is, I must settle for what the manufacturers put out and they again usually settle for what the fabric manufacturer put out unless they have serious $$$$$ to back their collection.

As you might have noted I don't wear camo. For me the primary function of camo is brand-building and customer loyalty, but the actual reason I end up with the non-camo clothing is lack of competence//willingness for my weather zone (wet/windy/cold) with some major brands. Usually the brands fall short on waists, cuffs and necks. Sure, they have fantastic textiles but they are just not good enough at shaping them so I end up enduring instead of thriving. Which is a little frustrating, when you have brands that are pushing at the very textile frontier, but their construction principles just isn't.

Scandinavians are perceived as a very small market, but we spend an incredible amount on outdoors stuff (annual market is $1,5 billion). For firearms we are, for outdoor clothing not. For example, Kuiu has $50 million in sales worldwide? Domestic norwegian brand Norrøna has $50 million in profit and is only one of a handful outdoor brands doing that in Norway (population < 5 mill).

I have tried Sitka and Kuia as I love the idea of it, but it's not in my wardrobe anymore (sadly, the patterns are cool!). Bergans, Norrøna, Taiga, Devold, Arcteryx, Acklima, Alfa, Sea To Summit, Granqvist, Glacier Glove are my current top performers.

Last edited:
Funny you should ask, I can get fairly technical on that question. Somewhere around colour code Pantone 16-0726 TPX.
As it is, I must settle for what the manufacturers put out and they again usually settle for what the fabric manufacturer put out unless they have serious $$$$$ to back their collection.

As you might have noted I don't wear camo. For me the primary function of camo is brand-building and customer loyalty, but the actual reason I end up with the non-camo clothing is lack of competence//willingness for my weather zone (wet/windy/cold) with some major brands. Usually the brands fall short on waists, cuffs and necks. Sure, they have fantastic textiles but they are just not good enough at shaping them so I end up enduring instead of thriving. Which is a little frustrating, when you have brands that are pushing at the very textile frontier, but their construction principles just isn't.

Scandinavians are perceived as a very small market, but we spend an incredible amount on outdoors stuff (annual market is $1,5 billion). For firearms we are, for outdoor clothing not. For example, Kuiu has $50 million in sales worldwide? Domestic norwegian brand Norrøna has $50 million in profit and is only one of a handful outdoor brands doing that in Norway (population < 5 mill).

I have tried Sitka and Kuia as I love the idea of it, but it's not in my wardrobe anymore (sadly, the patterns are cool!). Bergans, Norrøna, Taiga, Devold, Arcteryx, Acklima, Alfa, Sea To Summit, Granqvist, Glacier Glove are my current top performers.
I appreciate the technical answer, it’s exactly what I’m looking for. I prefer solid colors as well, and while I have found that Carhartt Brown works well in the winter where I am, I’m at a loss before the grass dies.

Here in the Virginia Piedmont it’s not as windy and cold as the fjords of Norway or the Scottish highlands, but it can still get rather unpleasant when it wants to be. Now to see if I can find any of these brands shipped to the US without much hassle. Arcteryx won’t be an issue, but I’ve never heard of the others.

This is one of the better ones. I had first generation and hunted with the same set for 18 years. It was the inevitable wear-out that pushed me into looking for something new and possibly better. It is a "competent set" in protecting neck and waistline properly, giving you very good control over heatloss/ ventilation.

Do not buy directly from Norrøna, you normally pick these up -30/40% from a retail store (for example XXL will run a campaign at least once a year).

Out of new fabrics, GoreTex Infinium is THE fabric that has impressed me most. The combination DWR/ wear strenght/ windproof and very breathable is really good. I've used this fabric in Arcteryx light mittens and have absolutely fallen in love with this fabric achievement. I know they at least make jackets too.

And I'll add that after reviewing/ editing one years worth of hunting films, the old out-of-fashion colours OD Green and Dark Khaki really were cutting edge in their time and can still hold their own. There's so many clips from last season where I'm just a short way from the camera and simply start to melt away over a range of forested and hilly terrain. These are colours I was not happy purchasing (looked a little "off"), but camera says otherwise.

Tom, I enjoy your channel on youtube. It is one of my all time favorites. The videography alone is worth the admission price.

Thanks, that's very generous of you. Since this, I've decided to learn some new skills and put in some practice. Hopefully the next film will give a deeper immersion and show more details of the hunt. I've also invested in a new lens/ camera, hoping to capture better images. But there's such a daunting amount of information to sift through, so progress will be slow.

Reactions: FjallJager