• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tripod “feet” replacement (RRS)?

Trek

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2019
Canton Michigan
Looking for opinions on swapping out the rubber feet on my new RRS series 3 tripod. I was thinking of staying with the OEM rubber feet until they wear down (ensuring to use loctite to reduce chance of loss)... BUT I have also have seen metal “spike” and “claw” feet. No hunting use... primarily firing point for my spotting scope (and rifle eventually)... thoughts?

Looking for opinions on swapping out the rubber feet on my new RRS series 3 tripod. I was thinking of staying with the OEM rubber feet until they wear down (ensuring to use loctite to reduce chance of loss)... BUT I have also have seen metal “spike” and “claw” feet. No hunting use... primarily firing point for my spotting scope (and rifle eventually)... thoughts?

RRS makes very robust metal feet that are more flexible than the spike type. Don't use them on you hardwood floors though

I bought these. Very happy with the quality and are robust. Sharp too. Just took about 2 weeks to come in from overseas. Was going to go RRS but theirs are 30ish per, vs $20 for 3.

10ringx... perfect, thanks! I had seen something similar - glad to have your perspective!

I bought these. Very happy with the quality and are robust. Sharp too. Just took about 2 weeks to come in from overseas. Was going to go RRS but theirs are 30ish per, vs $20 for 3.

i got the same ones. takes a few weeks to get them, but they are great.