• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Tripod head stability

Adkhunter3

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2020
    Earth
    I’ve got a shadow tech tripod with the pig saddle clamp. It works okay but it’s kinda slow and not the most stable. How big of a difference in stability would it make moving up to a universal ball head like the one two vets make? Or maybe save up more for a RRS universal leveling base?

Edit: Does anyone run a GNN FB - 52 Ball head with MARC M-lok plates? How does it preform?

Last edited:
    I bought the rrs leveling base because the anvil was out of stock and i couldnt wait, really liked it, ended up buying an anvil 30 for a different tripod and absolutely love it, ended up buying a second one and the leveling base is collecting dust.

Is there anything that competes with the anvil 30 that isn’t so expensive?
    There are many of us waiting for this item. If/when it comes about, they will sell a bunch of them!
    Meanwhile, I suffer through with a leveling base and a regular ball head as needs dictate.